Windows Installation

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?WWFubmlja0RN?=, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. So this is my problem

    I have a windows XP pro 64 bit edition (With an official licence )

    I've tried to integrate the Si3114r5 drivers (which i've downloaded from
    microsoft)
    NO SUCCES

    Second thing I tried was to use the F6 button in the windows setup screen,
    that worked, so windows found my drives, after the format windows should
    start the precopy od the windows setup files ( GUI ) but there's my problem,
    windows gives the following error:

    Setup cannot copy the folliwing file: Si3114r5.sys

    The disk where the drivers are on is then still in my floppy disk drive.
    I even tried to put the driver on my windows XP Cd in the AMD64 folder AND
    in the I386 folden, but still no luck.
    The last ting I tried was to use make cab and then put those cabbed drivers
    in the folders, and YEAH STILL NO LUCK...

    I'm coming at a point right now to give up al my good hope and reinstall 32
    bit, BUT I REALLY REALLY want windows xp pro x64

    PLEASE HELP
    =?Utf-8?B?WWFubmlja0RN?=, Aug 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?WWFubmlja0RN?=

    Rick Guest

    I'm not sure you have the correct driver. You should download directly
    from the Silicon Image Web site:

    http://www.siliconimage.com/support/downloadresults.aspx?pid=28&bios=0&drivers=0&sataraid=0&

    There are both RAID and non-RAID drivers. Make sure your download
    indicates 'x86_win64' in the name.

    RAID drivers:
    http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/3114_x86_win64_raid_1231.zip

    non-RAID drivers:
    http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/3114_x86_win64_base_logod_1206.zip

    Rick, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Don't forget that your download - although from microsoft - may be corrupted
    too. The natural thing to try would be to follow Rick's excellent
    suggestion.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 4, 2005
  4. Hello Yannick,
    On the floppy disk where is the Si3114r5.sys file located?
    Is in the root of the drive or under a subfolder?
    What is in the txtsetup.oem file?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?WWFubmlja0RN?= <>
    <Subject: Windows Installation
    <Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:58:06 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <So this is my problem
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Aug 5, 2005
  5. I copied the si3114r.sys failes in every folder even then :(

    But the first time he finds the driver, otherwise he couldn't load it ...

    =?Utf-8?B?WWFubmlja0RN?=, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Nope this didn't work either

    =?Utf-8?B?WWFubmlja0RN?=, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Hello Yannick,
    The question was where was it located not where it is now. The location of
    where the file was is informative, that you copied it elsewhere is not as
    informative.
    Plus what is in the txtsetup.oem file.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]