    activated), the bin Icon stays full and I can still get the prompt to
    delete" windows" again...
    Any ideas ?

    bigjon, Mar 21, 2005

  2. bigjon

    Dr. Bill Guest

    bigjon wrote:
    > Recently, a minor problem in XP Pro.
    > The Recycle bin won't empty, it tells me that "windows" is in there,
    > do I really want to delete it? When I tell it yes, it seems to delete
    > but even though nothing shows in there (even with "show hidden &
    > system files" activated), the bin Icon stays full and I can still get
    > the prompt to delete" windows" again...
    > Any ideas ?

    Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP

    Dr. Bill, Mar 21, 2005

  3. bigjon

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    bigjon <> wrote in

    > Recently, a minor problem in XP Pro.
    > The Recycle bin won't empty, it tells me that "windows" is in there, do I
    > really want to delete it? When I tell it yes, it seems to delete but even
    > though nothing shows in there (even with "show hidden & system files"
    > activated), the bin Icon stays full and I can still get the prompt to
    > delete" windows" again...
    > Any ideas ?

    This has happened to me more than a few times. A reboot fixes it.

    Fuzzy Logic, Mar 21, 2005
  4. bigjon

    bigjon Guest

    Dr. Bill decided to add:

    > bigjon wrote:
    >> Recently, a minor problem in XP Pro.
    >> The Recycle bin won't empty, it tells me that "windows" is in there,
    >> do I really want to delete it? When I tell it yes, it seems to delete
    >> but even though nothing shows in there (even with "show hidden &
    >> system files" activated), the bin Icon stays full and I can still get
    >> the prompt to delete" windows" again...
    >> Any ideas ?

    > Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP

    Thanks, Tried it but the problem is unchanged.
    I have also deleted the hidden INFO file, no change...

    bigjon, Mar 21, 2005
  5. bigjon

    Guest

    Running Norton? Disable Protected Recycle bin. Used the Prtotected
    Norton Recycle Bin for a short time and could not get anything to delete
    from my Bin. Disable it and evrything OK now.

    Manta
    remove "a" from behind "12" to reply

    bigjon wrote:

    > Recently, a minor problem in XP Pro.
    > The Recycle bin won't empty, it tells me that "windows" is in there, do I
    > really want to delete it? When I tell it yes, it seems to delete but even
    > though nothing shows in there (even with "show hidden & system files"
    > activated), the bin Icon stays full and I can still get the prompt to
    > delete" windows" again...
    > Any ideas ?

    , Mar 21, 2005
  6. bigjon

    bigjon Guest

    Fuzzy Logic decided to add:

    > bigjon <> wrote in
    >
    >> Recently, a minor problem in XP Pro.
    >> The Recycle bin won't empty, it tells me that "windows" is in there, do I
    >> really want to delete it? When I tell it yes, it seems to delete but even
    >> though nothing shows in there (even with "show hidden & system files"
    >> activated), the bin Icon stays full and I can still get the prompt to
    >> delete" windows" again...
    >> Any ideas ?

    > This has happened to me more than a few times. A reboot fixes it.

    Not on this one it doesn't...

    bigjon, Mar 21, 2005
  7. bigjon

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:00:38 GMT, bigjon <> wrote:

    >Recently, a minor problem in XP Pro.
    >The Recycle bin won't empty, it tells me that "windows" is in there, do I
    >really want to delete it? When I tell it yes, it seems to delete but even
    >though nothing shows in there (even with "show hidden & system files"
    >activated), the bin Icon stays full and I can still get the prompt to
    >delete" windows" again...
    >Any ideas ?

    Courtesy of Mike:

    You have a corrupted recycle bin (or file within it).
    Open a DOS box and type:

    ( If your system is FAT32 )
    cd \RECYCLED
    attrib -R -A -S -H /S /D