    If I have it on board, how can I throw it overboard (i.e. remove it)

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Aug 30, 2009

  2. Alasdair

    Guest

    Alasdair <> wrote:

    >Please, can someone tell me how to check if I have inadvertently
    >installed Windows Genuine Advantage and/or Genuine Advantage for
    >Windows Office on my computer?
    >
    >If I have it on board, how can I throw it overboard (i.e. remove it)

    Use Autoruns
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

    View everything, way down at the bottom is WgaLogon.

    If it's there you have it installed, Unselecting it will disable WGA.

    ----------------

    If your running into the a WGA problem - popup (and restricted to what
    you can do with XP), unselecting WgaLogon and rebooting will remove
    your problem.

    Did this for my sister when her cooperate license wasn't renewed. She
    now has full control over her computer again; Just saying it works.

    FWIW, WGA still hasn't been installed on my two OS's - Kinda thought
    SP3 would of, but nope.

    in a hurry - google on wga removal if you want to get rid of the files
    --

    Makes you wonder what happen's next.
    http://imgur.com/AyDc6.jpg

    , Aug 30, 2009

  3. Alasdair

    doS Guest

    you would know

    doS, Aug 31, 2009
  4. Alasdair

    M.L. Guest

    >Please, can someone tell me how to check if I have inadvertently
    >installed Windows Genuine Advantage and/or Genuine Advantage for
    >Windows Office on my computer?
    >
    >If I have it on board, how can I throw it overboard (i.e. remove it)

    RemoveWGA
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/RemoveWGA-Download-42782.html

    If you don't have it on board it'll let you know.

    M.L., Aug 31, 2009