    anticipation.
    --
    This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

    Harold potter esq, Apr 11, 2006

  2. I copied this to a text file when I cracked the WGA. It's still working for me. I found it in a newsgroup, but don't ask me which
    one. At least I saved it to a text file first

    Fenton.

    "The following, which worked for me, is copied from a post
    in the "microsoft.public.windowsupdate" newsgroup. The post
    is entitled "A solution to WGA (KB892130) failure to install"
    and was posted by "barrowhill" at 15:29 on 04/03/2006. Here's
    what he/she said:

    I, like a lot of people with genuine copies of windows, have
    experienced problems with installing KB892130. I've been in
    and out of a lot of posts on the subject and tried various
    offered solutions which have (and have not) worked for some
    people. After numerous variations, the following has worked
    and I'm now able to run the update service as it was intended.

    Download psexec.exe from:-

    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsExec.html

    and put the file in root directory (C:\)

    Download the WGA update executable from:-

    http://www.download.windowsupdate.c..._7e1189ce89fb0c693cad6432a4c2f982dcea49a0.exe

    and install in C:\temp.

    Rename the file in C:\temp to WGA.exe (original file toooooo long)

    At DOS command line type:-

    psexec -i -s c:\temp\WGA.exe

    The above tested and works - for me at least - Hope it works for others"

    Many thanks for all the inputs that got me to this position - there
    are too many to mention by name - I just grateful to the newsgroups
    "Harold potter esq" <> wrote in message news:2XL_f.28622$...
    :
    : Hi have any of you warez geeks managed to get round the problem about mcsft
    : updating...if so would you share it with us please .......thank you in
    : anticipation.
    : --
    : This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

    Fenton Beasley, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Harold potter esq

    PuppyKatt Guest

    I do not assist thieves.

    PuppyKatt, Apr 11, 2006
  4. Harold potter esq

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-11, Harold potter esq <>

    <http://distrowatch.com/> - all legal and honest.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Harold potter esq

    Jason Guest

    Harold potter esq wrote:
    > Hi have any of you warez geeks managed to get round the problem about mcsft
    > updating...if so would you share it with us please .......thank you in
    > anticipation.

    I used the alternate method and it lets me do it from whatever computer
    i'm at

    Jason, Apr 12, 2006
  6. Sorry Jason for seeming a dope or perhaps I am a dope.....what is the
    alternate method please? the other advices, though very much appreciated,
    do not work for me. And I am not a thief, contrary to what a "female????"
    has alluded to. Thanks

    Harold potter esq, Apr 14, 2006
  7. Harold potter esq

    PuppyKatt Guest

    I have "alluded to" that with your misleading query to "warez geeks." Warez
    is pirated, pirating is theft. I am sorry for misunderstanding.
    I just downloaded the Genuine Advantage software, and I have no problems
    getting the gold security shield whenever there is a security or critical
    update.

    "Harold potter esq" <> wrote in
    message news:XLJ%f.43204$...

    PuppyKatt, Apr 14, 2006