    Cell) has a glitch and won't play. I can't find "Windows games" or anything
    like it on the Windows disks that came with the computer so I can't
    reinstall it. Any ideas out there on what to try next?

    Bob Benton, Apr 16, 2007

  2. Bob Benton

    meerkat Guest

    "Bob Benton" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Way back when I bought this Gateway with Windows XP, a modest set of
    > computer games also showed up on the menu. Now, one of the games (Free
    > Cell) has a glitch and won't play. I can't find "Windows games" or
    > anything like it on the Windows disks that came with the computer so I
    > can't reinstall it. Any ideas out there on what to try next?

    It`s a long way in !
    Control Panel\Add/Remove programs\ L/H side is
    Add/Remove windows components\Accessories and Utilities
    \games. (uninstall, and reinstall).

    Whew, I`m worn out now <g>.

    meerkat, Apr 16, 2007

  3. Bob Benton

    MJP Guest

    "Bob Benton" <> wrote in message
    > Way back when I bought this Gateway with Windows XP, a modest set of
    > computer games also showed up on the menu. Now, one of the games (Free
    > Cell) has a glitch and won't play. I can't find "Windows games" or
    > anything like it on the Windows disks that came with the computer so I
    > can't reinstall it. Any ideas out there on what to try next?

    In control panel go to the "Add remove programs" option, select the "add
    remove windows components", select the "accessories and utilities option.
    Under the details section select "games"

    Probably best to untick the games option and once they have been removed
    reverse the procedure by ticking the games option to re-install them.

    MJP

    MJP, Apr 16, 2007
  4. Bob Benton

    x@y Guest

    "Bob Benton" <> wrote in message

    > Way back when I bought this Gateway with Windows XP, a modest set of
    > computer games also showed up on the menu. Now, one of the games (Free
    > Cell) has a glitch and won't play. I can't find "Windows games" or anything
    > like it on the Windows disks that came with the computer so I can't
    > reinstall it. Any ideas out there on what to try next?

    Did you try the following Site?

    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPGames.html

    Use caution on what you install from downloads,
    I did not test any Games for spyware or pests.

    Good Luck. x@y

    x@y, Apr 16, 2007
  5. Bob Benton

    Bob Benton Guest

    Thank you, "meerhat". It was a bit more complex than you indicated,
    possibly because of mine own ineptitude, but all worked out well in the end.

    Bob Benton, Apr 16, 2007