    pat Guest

    I am running windows 2000 and when trying to booting up it freezes on me
    can someone tell me how to fix this problem thanks [[pat]]

    pat, Oct 29, 2004

  2. pat

    Pennywise Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 06:57:25 -0600, "pat" <pat @neverlate.time> wrote:

    |>I am running windows 2000 and when trying to booting up it freezes on me
    |>can someone tell me how to fix this problem thanks [[pat]]

    From the info given I'd say it's a device problem. Edit your Boot.ini
    somehow, and add /sos to the end of the Win2000 line (example):
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(9)\WINDOWS="Wk2" /fastdetect /sos
    (Safe Mode)

    When loaded, read the event viewer to see what it has to say, run
    (winKey+R) drwtsn32 to see what it has to say.

    Uninstall the last device you installed and see what happens when you
    remove /sos

    Worse case: uninstall all your devices and install them (newest
    versions) one at a time (rebooting each time of course).

    Pennywise, Oct 29, 2004