    Happens when he's on IRC

    Win2000

    tia
    LO&MsLO, Feb 24, 2004

  2. LO&MsLO

    j.j Guest

    LO&MsLO <> wrote in
    news::

    > "windows delayed write failed"
    > What does this mean?
    > Happens when he's on IRC
    >
    > Win2000
    >
    > tia

    I've seen this with XP. No-one really knows what is going on:
    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/2459/?o=0

    Not sure about 2000, but its the same error message.

    I switched the performance settings to best performance for programs:
    system properties->Advanced->Performance settings->Advanced
    and it solved the problem.

    In the past this error wiped out a windows install on a maxtor drive and I
    had to use a maxtor utility to reset the disk to be able to format it
    again.
    j.j, Feb 24, 2004

  3. LO&MsLO

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Feb 24, 2004
  4. LO&MsLO

    LO&MsLO Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:06:10 +0000, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    >Description of the Event ID 50 Error Message
    >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816004
    >
    >There's plenty of MS articles about that error
    >message, but I'll leave that up to you, due to
    >your woeful lack of details.

    Sorry about the 'woeful lack of details'. I got that from a friend as
    he was up for 2 miutes on IRC. That's all I could get.

    So tell me Mike. Why the attitude? You get a kick (not seem to) out of
    feeling superior.
    Tell you what..how about just putting me on ignore..ok? I need you a
    hell of a lot less than you need this group so you can feel important.
    Put me on ignore BEFORE you answer.

    John

    LO&MsLO, Feb 24, 2004
  5. LO&MsLO

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:19:36 -0600, in
    <>
    LO&MsLO scrawled:

    >On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:06:10 +0000, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Description of the Event ID 50 Error Message
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816004
    >>
    >>There's plenty of MS articles about that error
    >>message, but I'll leave that up to you, due to
    >>your woeful lack of details.
    >>

    >Sorry about the 'woeful lack of details'. I got that from a friend as
    >he was up for 2 miutes on IRC. That's all I could get.

    That doesn't alter the (lack of) facts.

    >So tell me Mike. Why the attitude?

    Attitude? What attitude? Do you suppose that I,
    or anybody else who posts in this group, actually
    owes you anything? Are you seriously expecting
    answers only that you *wish* to hear? You *do*
    have a lot to learn, don't you?

    >You get a kick (not seem to) out of feeling superior.

    Where on earth did you come up with this? Have
    you had your feelings hurt, or something?

    >Tell you what..how about just putting me on ignore..ok?

    How about you telling me what for? In fact, how about
    telling me why *you* are so upset?

    >I need you a hell of a lot less than you need this group
    >so you can feel important.

    First, I don't need this group *at all*; second, you appear
    to need it a great deal -- you ask many questions, and
    have had a great deal of help. But then, that was just
    a lame attempt at flaming from you, wasn't it?

    >Put me on ignore BEFORE you answer.

    LOL! <BOGGLE!>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 24, 2004
  6. LO&MsLO

    LO&MsLO Guest

    >First, I don't need this group *at all*; second, you appear
    >to need it a great deal -- you ask many questions, and
    >have had a great deal of help. But then, that was just
    >a lame attempt at flaming from you, wasn't it?
    >
    >>Put me on ignore BEFORE you answer.

    >LOL! <BOGGLE!>

    Let's see if he's smart enough to take a hint
    LO&MsLO, Feb 25, 2004
  7. LO&MsLO

    Morn Guest

    Sorry. A bit more info will be needed to answer this.

    Morn, Feb 25, 2004
  8. You're the one with an attitude.

    You've been reading this group long enough to know, that folks here
    shouldn't have to bring out their crystal balls to track down an
    answer that you are too lazy to Google.

    No one owes you an answer. It was a valid statement considering you
    only posted 14 words about your friend's problem. I found all of
    these articles concerning this one phrase by Googling. I guess it
    would have shorted out your brain to do the same. I pity your friend.

    Hope this helps and have a nice day.

    Shorter link:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?P5DC21487

    Actual link:
    http://www.google.com/search?
    sourceid=navclient&q=windows+delayed+write+failed

    LO&MsLO <> chiseled in stone, the following words

    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 25, 2004
  9. LO&MsLO

    LO&MsLO Guest

    It's all I had at the time. As I was asking in here I was also looking
    for the answer but I was just looking for anything that might help me
    narrow it down. I wanted to give him what I could next time he got on.
    Thanks for the help

    LO&MsLO, Feb 25, 2004
  10. LO&MsLO

    °Mike° Guest

    {{{SMOOOOOOOOOOOCH!}}}

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:35:43 -0600, in
    <Xns949A1039C8C09roseeneener@216.196.97.140>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled:

    °Mike°, Feb 25, 2004
  11. {{{{{BIGGER SMOOOOOOOOOOCH!!}}}

    Heh....;oþ

    I feel smug today, as I JUST got off the phone with Dell tech support...
    <snicker>. The All-In-One Printer they sent me, because they wouldn't
    honor my rebates, would not print after changing the black cartridge.
    AND they still wanted to give me grief. I had to get huffy, so they are
    sending me a new printer. Thing is, if they had sent me my %#&*(^
    rebates, I wouldn't have had the need to get huffy....and I expressed this
    very rant to the supervisor in NOT a very nice voice.

    To top it all off, the tech wanted me to go through the troubleshooting
    steps with him. When I tried to put the cartridge back in the slot, the
    cap that snaps the cartridge tight, broke. Imagine my anger....sheesh!!!

    All of you folks out there, DO **NOT** buy anything from Dell, as they
    would not honor my rebates of $120, so why would they honor anyone else's.
    I told my dad, AGAIN, I should have built it, but NOOOOOOOO!!!! He says,
    "Dell will give you good service with a 4-year on-site warranty and I'm
    paying for it." Dell is a phucking joke!!

    Anyway, it's printing now. I fixed myself.....and I'll REALLY *think*
    about returning it when the new one arrives. Really hard, I'll think...
    <snark>

    °Mike° <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    > {{{SMOOOOOOOOOOOCH!}}}

    <schnippen>

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 25, 2004
  12. LO&MsLO

    °Mike° Guest

    Holy Hannah! I've never used Dell, but I've only
    heard good things about them up until just lately.

    Be sure not to bust a gut whilst thinking about
    returning it. <g>

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:10:24 -0600, in
    <Xns949AA48798451roseeneener@216.196.97.140>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 25, 2004
  13. Luckily, I've had good luck with the computer, but this deal with my rebates
    and the printer has really just made my year. Every time I look at that
    monstrosity sitting atop my new corner desk, I just want to rip out
    someone's tongue or ears or something. This is what they sent me:

    It's nice, but I already had a printer and a scanner. So now I have
    multiples of each....I just wanted my dad's cash....sheesh! Bastards!

    °Mike° <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news::

    > Holy Hannah! I've never used Dell, but I've only
    > heard good things about them up until just lately.
    >
    > Be sure not to bust a gut whilst thinking about
    > returning it. <g>

    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:10:24 -0600 Rosee scrawled:
    >>{{{{{BIGGER SMOOOOOOOOOOCH!!}}}
    >>
    >>Heh....;oþ

    <schnippen>

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 25, 2004
  14. LO&MsLO

    °Mike° Guest

    That looks like my toilet... LOL!

    < Sorry... ;oP >

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:08:01 -0600, in
    <Xns949AAE4C49F50roseeneener@216.196.97.140>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 26, 2004
  15. You have a fancy toliet.....;oþ

    Do you believe Airborne Express delivered my new "toliet/printer" this
    morning?

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 26, 2004
  16. LO&MsLO

    °Mike° Guest

    It's a very nice printer, Rosee, I'm just pulling your strings. ;o)

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:19:31 -0600, in
    <Xns949BA6113A7E1roseeneener@216.196.97.140>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled:

    >You have a fancy toliet.....;oþ
    >
    >Do you believe Airborne Express delivered my new "toliet/printer" this
    >morning?
    >
    >°Mike° <> chiseled in stone, the following
    >words news::
    >
    >> That looks like my toilet... LOL!
    >>
    >> < Sorry... ;oP >

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 27, 2004
  17. I've got two now, so ya need one? and if your toliet looks like my printer,
    can your toliet scan a copy of your butt and other protrusions?

    <Still thinking about NOT returning the faulty one that now miraculously
    prints flawlessly....sheesh!>

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 27, 2004
  18. LO&MsLO

    °Mike° Guest

    Hey, I think you've seen enough of my butt over the
    past couple of weeks -- calm yourself, woman!

    I wouldn't return it unless, and until, they screem for it.

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:53:40 -0600, in
    <Xns949BCA61463B3roseeneener@216.196.97.140>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled:

    >I've got two now, so ya need one? and if your toliet looks like my printer,
    >can your toliet scan a copy of your butt and other protrusions?
    >
    ><Still thinking about NOT returning the faulty one that now miraculously
    >prints flawlessly....sheesh!>

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 27, 2004
  19. NOT nearly enough...nyuk, nyuk, nyuk...;oþ

    My thoughts exactly in regards to <cough><choke> Dell.....and even when
    they "screem" for it, I may make them wait nine months like I did for my
    rebate/printer/toliet....;oD

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 27, 2004
  20. LO&MsLO

    °Mike° Guest

    You're insatiable! I love it! ;oþ

    <AIIIEEEEEEEEE!! How did my slepchuker miss THAT one!>
    Here, I'll swap that 'e' for an 'a'.

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:38:31 -0600, in
    <Xns949BD1FBC13A8roseeneener@216.196.97.140>
    @}-}-------Rosee scrawled: