    remember toswitch it back on again every time after booting up.
    Any suggestions?

    , Jul 12, 2007

  2. Mr. Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My Windows Firewall shuts down after every session. I have to
    > remember toswitch it back on again every time after booting up.
    > Any suggestions?

    Have you tired to reset the FW? You can use Goole and find out *How to reset
    the Windows Firewall*.

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 12, 2007

  3. ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My Windows Firewall shuts down after every session. I have to
    > remember toswitch it back on again every time after booting up.
    > Any suggestions?

    Windows firewall is very basic and only prevents external inward
    attempts, it has no impact over what leaves your PC.
    If you're are sticking with it:
    Start>Settings>Control Panel>Windows Firewall
    Under General tab click to enable, click OK, close that dialog.
    Then...

    RIGHT click "My Computer"
    From sub menu select "Manage"
    The Computer Management dialog will open
    Navigate in the left pane: Services and Applications>Services
    In right pane you will see at bottom two tabs, Scroll and click
    on the "Standard" tab.
    Now in the right pane you will see a list, scroll, locate and
    click to highlight on "Windows Firewall"
    Now above you will see a series of buttons, under "Start up"
    it will indicate that Win Firewall is a manual start up
    Click once on the "Start up" button and it will change from
    "Manual" to "Automatic".
    Close those windows.
    Win Firewall will now automatically start with every boot.

    ded, Jul 12, 2007