    God Bless!
    Art
    Prince Albert, SK
    =?Utf-8?B?dmU1YWFwLUFydA==?=, Jun 8, 2007

  2. Hi
    Assuming that you are talking WinXP.
    If Windows Firewall exceptions are configured correctly it should not
    happen.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    However it is your choice, in Windows XP look at the services and disable
    the Firewall Service.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 8, 2007

  3. Thanks for the reply Jack. You will have to talk me through this slowly.
    Both my computers appear to be unable to disable the Windows Firewall for any
    permanency. Windows seems to randomly turn Windows Firewall back on
    interfering with my network communications between the two computers. As
    stated below, I want to permanently disable Windows Firewall and operate with
    AVG Firewall program on both computers
    --
    God Bless!
    Art

    =?Utf-8?B?dmU1YWFwLUFydA==?=, Jun 8, 2007
  4. Hi
    Take a look at this page it explains how to enable disable WZC. If you look
    at the first screen shoot that is on the page you would see the Firewall
    service at line 10 from the bottom. Disable the service in the same manner
    as described for WZC.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 8, 2007
  5. Hi
    Sorry I forgot the likn, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 9, 2007
  6. Greetings Jack,
    I am reading your replies late at night, so won't attempt anything right
    now. Will let you know how I make out when I get a chance to work (think)
    them through.
    Thanks!
    --
    God Bless!
    Art

    =?Utf-8?B?dmU1YWFwLUFydA==?=, Jun 11, 2007
  7. Pull up the run field, Start run, you might have to hunt for this a bit
    if you are running windows vista. type in msconfig and click okay. Go
    over to services and locate the windows firewall service, un-check it,
    and click apply and okay. This should turn off the service for you. You
    can check by going into the control panel and heading into
    administrative tools and going into services, confirm that the windows
    firewall Internet connection service has in fact been disabled.
    Alternatively you can go in here and disable the service from here as
    well. I hope this helps.

    Capt. Barbossa, Jun 22, 2007