Windows Firewall Or ZoneAlarm

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Christo, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Christo

    Christo Guest

    i do not have the fortune of owning a router with NAT so i use a software
    firewall.

    I am currently running ZoneAlarm Pro 5

    seems they have finally realized that the dodgey serial I was was using (
    and probably loads of others) isnt valid and that i only have 15 days left
    (trail)

    Is Windows Firewall anywhere near as good as ZoneAlarm Pro 5

    or would it be better reverting back to ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 rather than using
    the windows firewall, windows firewall seems a little bit too user friendly
    for me, you never see it doing anything, unlike zone alarm.

    any tips

    or is it ok to revert back to ZoneAlarm 4.5?

    also if i did get a adsl router with NAT installed would i still need to run
    a software firewall or would the router be enough?

    Christo, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Christo

    Joe Guest

    "Christo" <> wrote in message
    > i do not have the fortune of owning a router with NAT so i use a software
    > firewall.
    >
    > I am currently running ZoneAlarm Pro 5
    >
    > seems they have finally realized that the dodgey serial I was was using (
    > and probably loads of others) isnt valid and that i only have 15 days left
    > (trail)
    >
    > Is Windows Firewall anywhere near as good as ZoneAlarm Pro 5
    >
    > or would it be better reverting back to ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 rather than

    using
    > the windows firewall, windows firewall seems a little bit too user

    friendly
    > for me, you never see it doing anything, unlike zone alarm.
    >
    > any tips
    >
    > or is it ok to revert back to ZoneAlarm 4.5?
    >
    > also if i did get a adsl router with NAT installed would i still need to

    run
    > a software firewall or would the router be enough?

    ZA, of course!! You want the Mossad, and by extension, the FBI and CIA to
    know everything you're doing!!

    Joe, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Christo

    Christo Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message

    > "Christo" <> wrote in message
    >> i do not have the fortune of owning a router with NAT so i use a software
    >> firewall.
    >>
    >> I am currently running ZoneAlarm Pro 5
    >>
    >> seems they have finally realized that the dodgey serial I was was using (
    >> and probably loads of others) isnt valid and that i only have 15 days
    >> left
    >> (trail)
    >>
    >> Is Windows Firewall anywhere near as good as ZoneAlarm Pro 5
    >>
    >> or would it be better reverting back to ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5 rather than

    > using
    >> the windows firewall, windows firewall seems a little bit too user

    > friendly
    >> for me, you never see it doing anything, unlike zone alarm.
    >>
    >> any tips
    >>
    >> or is it ok to revert back to ZoneAlarm 4.5?
    >>
    >> also if i did get a adsl router with NAT installed would i still need to

    > run
    >> a software firewall or would the router be enough?
    >>

    > ZA, of course!! You want the Mossad, and by extension, the FBI and CIA to
    > know everything you're doing!!

    they even spy on english users?

    I have ZA 4.5 now thinking of just buying a router with NAT eventually

    Christo, Oct 28, 2004