    OS = Widows XP Home edition on both computers.

    Thanks,
    Ray

    itemyar, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Hello Ray,

    Your router does protect your computers from incoming traffic. However, It's
    a good idea to use a software firewall either Windows Firewall or third
    party firewall installed. If a malicious program makes it on to one of your
    networked computers, it could potentially spread to the other computers on
    the network. A software firewall can also protect you from unauthorized
    traffic to any of your computers on the network as well as the Internet.

    Also see:
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/firewall.mspx

    --
    Eric Cross