    Tino Guest

    The "Change settings" button is grayed out. I am logged in as administrator.
    What can I do to enable it so I can make changes?
    Tino, Jan 30, 2010

  2. Tino

    RCan Guest

    Sounds like this is GPO controlled. Are this client/server part of an domain
    ?
    To confirm, you can check with gpresult what settings will be applied on
    this machine.

    Regards
    Ramazan

    RCan, Jan 30, 2010

  3. Tino

    Tino Guest

    Ramazan,

    Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I don't understand much of what you said.
    "GPO controlled"?? I ran gpresult but I don't know what options I am
    supposed to use. Can you provide a bit more detail please?

    Peter

    Tino, Jan 30, 2010
  4. Tino

    RCan Guest

    Ok - GPO (Group Policy Object) is a collection of computer/user settings
    which can be applied and managed centrally from the active directory. Is
    this computer a domain member (part of a company network) ? With a GPO you
    can also configure windows firewall settings.

    GPO @ Technet
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/grouppolicy/default.aspx

    PS : Just to follow here other directions as well, do you know if there is
    already a other instance of Firewall running (Mcaffee, Norton, Defender....)
    ? This can be also a cause here as the windows firewall service should then
    be disabled.

    Regards
    Ramazan

    RCan, Jan 30, 2010