    contents, and to see which version I want to import if I can view size
    and date instead of just name/icon.

    Thanks in advance,

    MrsBeebleBrock, Nov 4, 2003

  2. MrsBeebleBrock

    Andrew Guest

    Tools then Folder options then "view" - that what your after?

    Andrew, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Suddenly, MrsBeebleBrock sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > Hi, is there a way to have the view set to "details" in file boxes for
    > saving as, importing, exporting, etc?
    >
    > My Wn 2000 and XP both show me icons by default. Not a problem in file
    > manager, just in those other options. It's quicker to load directory
    > contents, and to see which version I want to import if I can view size
    > and date instead of just name/icon.

    Note as far as I know, and it annoys me too as that icons view tends to
    be the most useless of all...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Nov 4, 2003
  4. MrsBeebleBrock

    Enkidu Guest

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:31:48 +1300, MrsBeebleBrock
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, is there a way to have the view set to "details" in file boxes for
    >saving as, importing, exporting, etc?
    >
    >My Wn 2000 and XP both show me icons by default. Not a problem in file
    >manager, just in those other options. It's quicker to load directory
    >contents, and to see which version I want to import if I can view size
    >and date instead of just name/icon.

    Does this work for you?

    In Explorer, select View, Select Details (or whatever you want).
    Stay in Explorer, select Tools, Folder Options. Set up as you like it,
    select View, set up as you like it, click "Apply to all folders". OK
    to warning, OK out.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Enkidu, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Hi Cliff, thanks for the suggestion, but no it only applies to Explorer,
    not import/open/save as.

    Regards,
    Jo

    MrsBeebleBrock, Nov 7, 2003