    Can someone help me eliminate this error.

    Thanks,

    Dilash.

    Dilash, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Dilash

    Mark Guest

    Run this command from the Start/Run menu...sfc /scannow it will check your
    files...you may need your Win 2000 cd.
    Mark

    "Dilash" <> wrote in message
    > After I install windows 2000 and then the service pact 2, I am getting a
    > "Windows File Protection Error". After each reboot, I am encountering this
    > problem. I went to Microsoft site and read the cause for it, but it does

    not

    Mark, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Dilash

    natural_4u Guest

    Can you boot to the desktop? If yes.... update all the drivers for your
    hardwares. "File Protection Error" can mean a lot of things.

    The last time I saw this error the cpu fan was dead. Replaced it and no more
    error.... so you see it could be hardware or software. Start with the
    basics...

    natural_4u, Dec 23, 2003