    it?

    Thank you,
    Mark Freis

    MJ Fries, Jul 13, 2010

  2. MJ Fries

    Dennis Pack Guest

    MJ:
    Go to "Turn Windows features on or off", "Print and Document Services"
    uncheck "Windows Fax and Scan" then check OK to uninstall. Reverse procedure
    to reinstall.
    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    Dennis Pack, Jul 13, 2010

  3. MJ Fries

    MJ Fries Guest

    I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error messages.

    MJ Fries, Jul 18, 2010
  4. MJ Fries

    Jim Guest

    On Jul 17, 7:25 pm, "MJ Fries" <> wrote:
    > I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error messages.
    >
    > "Dennis Pack" <> wrote in message

    Dennis,

    I'm not sure how tight money is for you, but I have been using Snappy
    Fax for several years. It works in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows,
    and it is a fully-functional Windows fax program. I have been very
    impressed with it, and the tech support is spectacular. I send a few
    faxes each week at least.

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 18, 2010
  5. MJ Fries

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Jim:
    Thanks for the information. Currently I don't fax things often and
    Windows Fax and Scan is sufficient for me and hasn't been problematic. Have
    a great day.
    --

    database 5288 (20100718) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Jul 18, 2010
  6. MJ Fries

    Forum Guest

    MJ Fries a écrit :
    > When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
    > message that pops up, that reads,
    > "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
    > account."
    >
    > The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
    > it reads,
    > "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
    >
    > The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
    > start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then
    > reinstall it?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Mark Freis

    ==================================
    Hi Mark,

    A few weeks ago, I' ve tried to use "Windows Printers and Fax" on x64
    Windows Vista and Seven and it did not work. This feature is for 32 bits
    only.

    So, I bought a little Deskjet Printer Fax USB Brother and now , I can
    use it with my x64 OS. Windows XP, Vista and 7 x64 doesn't manage fax (I
    think)

    Regards.
    Forum

    Forum, Jul 18, 2010
  7. MJ Fries

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Forum:
    I only have 64-bit operating systems running so that isn't the cause for
    Windows Fax and Scan not working properly. Have a great day.
    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Jul 18, 2010
  8. MJ Fries

    Dennis Pack Guest

    MJ:
    How did you setup Windows Fax and Scan? I have Windows Fax and Scan
    setup on a system with a USB modem installed which functions properly. The
    system I'm currently on doesn't have a modem installed. On the setup page I
    have the choice of connecting to a fax modem or a fax server on your
    network. Have a great day.
    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64