    inconvenience." and even with reporting the report or not, the message keeps
    reappearing and will not stop? Any help that people can provide would be very
    appreciated. Thank you in advance if you can help me out.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaA==?=, Jun 3, 2007

  2. Josh:
    1.- Try system restore to a previous known good state. That should fix it.
    2.- If you want to investigate then think what did you do or install
    recently that might have caused the problem.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 3, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Is it just the message or does explorer stop or stop and restart? Which
    version of Professional 64 or 86? What are you doing at the time i.e.
    opening a file, drag and drop etc.? Please be as specific as possible.

    John Barnes, Jun 3, 2007
  4. John,
    When it pops up and I click on one of the buttons, my window goes blank for
    a second only showing my wallpaper and then everything comes back up and my
    programs in the quick bar try to load back up. I have noticed that something
    tries to load and then the error message pops up and the program symbol
    disappears so I can't catch it because it happens so fast. I haven't a clue
    what version of professional is on this computer because I bought it from
    someone who built it for me so I'm not sure how to find out. The system
    window only says Windows XP Professional. Whatever causes this also causes my
    programs like Excel and Word to crash when I attempt to access a directory
    while saving or opening a file. Also, when I go to open "My Computer" it also
    seems like it cannot find my drives and all I see is the searching symbol and
    it never loads up to the drives menu. I really hope this helps to diagnose
    it. I've used Ad-Aware to search for adware and spyware and anti-virus to
    scan for viruses and nothing is found there and also System Restore seems to
    not help with it either. I don't know what's going on.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaA==?=, Jun 4, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    It does appear that you should post this in the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general group. You should look thru your event
    viewer to see what may be causing it, but it does appear from the symptoms
    that explorer.exe is shutting down and restarting. You may need to do a
    repair install, but you may not be able to do that as the version you have
    on any install disk is probably not a match for the version you are running.
    Let us know if you find anything besides the failure of explorer.exe in the
    logs and I would post in the other group as the code base for that version
    is different and there are more people familiar with the problems in that
    code base (also more trolls, so be prepared). You can search that group for
    the explorer.exe and see if you get any hits. Good luck.

    John Barnes, Jun 4, 2007