    locating these files to delete them. Problem is, explorer won't list them. So is
    there to cause explorer to show these files?
    I've also noticed explorer refuses to show the temp internet file folders.

    Jack Bean, Jul 27, 2009

  2. Jack Bean

    PeeCee Guest

    "Jack Bean" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In windows vista home premium I run malwarebytes often. Last time I
    > noticed it
    > was checking numerous clipboardcache files. As soon as it was done, I
    > tried
    > locating these files to delete them. Problem is, explorer won't list them.
    > So is
    > there to cause explorer to show these files?
    > I've also noticed explorer refuses to show the temp internet file folders.

    Control Panel
    Folder Options
    View tab
    Tick 'show hidden...'
    and
    If you know what you're doing.
    Untick 'Hide protected operating system files...'

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jul 27, 2009

  3. Jack Bean

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:14:06 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >What if that is checked and they still won't show?
    >I just did a check of mine. That item is checked and I don't see the
    >folder either.
    >Using a dos prompt, I did a directory search and
    >C:\users\userid\AppData didn't even show on the list even though
    >explorer shows it.

    DIR by default won't show hidden or system files.

    Try

    DIR /AH
    to show hidden files / folders
    DIR /AS
    to show system files / folders, although likely a system file is also
    hidden.

    Evan Platt, Jul 27, 2009