    This is happening every single time...any ideas how I can fix this , please?

    I am running windows xp home edition.

    thanks

    the_niner_nation, Jan 31, 2007

  2. the_niner_nation

    philo Guest

    "the_niner_nation" <> wrote in message
    news:45c0f094$0$1851$...
    > Hi...every time I try and open a folder ( this one is full of mp3's) It
    > opens briefly and then it reports a " Windows explorer has encountered a
    > problem and needs to close" error.
    >
    > This is happening every single time...any ideas how I can fix this ,

    please?

    > I am running windows xp home edition.
    >
    > thanks

    Could be a lot of things...
    but I'd run a ram test first
    philo, Jan 31, 2007

  3. the_niner_nation

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:34:05 -0000, the_niner_nation wrote:

    >Hi...every time I try and open a folder ( this one is full of mp3's) It
    >opens briefly and then it reports a " Windows explorer has encountered a
    >problem and needs to close" error.
    >
    >This is happening every single time...any ideas how I can fix this , please?
    >
    >I am running windows xp home edition.
    >
    >thanks

    Could be several things, video driver, the silly view webpage / themed
    background display, long file names with odd characters.

    Me
    why?, Jan 31, 2007
  4. Forget Explorer and try another file manager, there are hundreds. I'd
    recommend XYplorer (http://www.xyplorer.com/), of course.
    Donald Lessau, Jan 31, 2007