    like to list details, not the icons. But every folder I go to, I have
    to indicate details. How can I save the settings? Thanks.
    , Feb 10, 2004

  2. Grumpy Guest

    "Search" for Windows Explorer then PIN to Start Menu

    Grumpy, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Paul Guest

    wrote:

    > So far the only way I've found to get to Windows Explorer is through
    > the help files. Is there an easier way?

    Sure, just press the Windows + E shortcut key combination.
    Paul, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Unk Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:35:24 -0500, wrote:

    >I just started using Windows XP last night, and it's frustrating at
    >best having to deal with the whole new interface. So far the only way
    >I've found to get to Windows Explorer is through the help files. Is
    >there an easier way? Am I overlooking it? Also, once in Explorer, I
    >like to list details, not the icons. But every folder I go to, I have
    >to indicate details. How can I save the settings? Thanks.

    Start, Programs, Accessories, Windows Explorer
    or
    Double-click "My Computer", double click the C:\ Drive
    or
    Double-click "My Computer", right-click the C:\ Drive, "Create Shortcut"

    Open any folder, Click Tools, Folder Options, View and make it look the
    way you want to always see it, then click the "Apply to All Folders" button.

    Don't let it fustrate you. You'll get the hang of it.
    Unk, Feb 10, 2004
  5. Guest

    Thanks to all. I found it and have it handy in the start menu now.
    This XP is going to take some getting used to.