    "The active directory domain service is currently unavailable."

    Is this common? Is there a known solution?

    Thanks for any assistance in this matter.

    Nunya, Jul 6, 2010

  2. Nunya

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    What operating system are you using?
    What are you trying to find?
    My best hunch is that you should use Ctrl+F instead of Ctrl+Winkey+F

    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 7, 2010

  3. "Nunya" <> wrote in message
    > Hey guys.
    >
    > I have a new problem. My Windows file Explorer no longer has a find
    > function or dialog.

    Did you try pressing F3 or Ctrl-e ; )

    > Hitting Ctrl+logokey+F yields an error:

    Win-F opens a disfunctional Search Results window for me in W7. So I
    would try Win-E and F3 instead--less work and less annoying getting that
    working than starting from the other.

    BTW you may not be missing much. I still find that dir/a/b/s in a cmd
    window beats a Windows Search more often than not. Even PowerShell's dir
    can be faster!

    Good luck

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---