    Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Rod

    Rod, May 22, 2006

  2. Rod

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Rod spewed forth:
    > Any time I try to copy, cut, or paste files using Windows Explorer, I
    > receive the following error and then Explorere closes: "The
    > instruction at "Ox70aa98aa" referenced memory at "0x05e42f34". The
    > memory could not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.
    >
    > I am running Windows 2000 SP4, I have Norton Antivirus Corporate, and
    > Windows Defender installed. I scanned for viruses and it comes back
    > clean.
    >
    > Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

    Windows.

    Toolman Tim, May 22, 2006

  3. Rod

    Rod Guest

    Are you suggesting I hold my breath? Or did the reply just not go
    through?

    Rod, May 22, 2006
  4. Rod

    Guest

    "Rod" <> wrote:

    |>Any time I try to copy, cut, or paste files using Windows Explorer, I
    |>receive the following error and then Explorere closes: "The instruction
    |>at "Ox70aa98aa" referenced memory at "0x05e42f34". The memory could
    |>not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.
    |>
    |>I am running Windows 2000 SP4, I have Norton Antivirus Corporate, and
    |>Windows Defender installed. I scanned for viruses and it comes back
    |>clean.
    |>
    |>Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

    Reinstall SP4 again, if that doesn't work - Try SFC
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=windows 2000 sfc&btnG=Google Search
    Shorter http://tinyurl.com/rfsbl

    --
    http://interact10ways.com/usa/information_interactive.htm

    , May 23, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Rod spewed forth:
    >> Any time I try to copy, cut, or paste files using Windows Explorer, I
    >> receive the following error and then Explorere closes: "The
    >> instruction at "Ox70aa98aa" referenced memory at "0x05e42f34". The
    >> memory could not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.
    >>
    >> I am running Windows 2000 SP4, I have Norton Antivirus Corporate, and
    >> Windows Defender installed. I scanned for viruses and it comes back
    >> clean.
    >>
    >> Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

    > Windows.

    Wrong. It is NCP (NortonCopyProtection) setup by your IT dept.
    Talk to the admin :)
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, May 23, 2006
  6. Rod

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Walter Mautner spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Rod spewed forth:
    >>> Any time I try to copy, cut, or paste files using Windows Explorer,
    >>> I receive the following error and then Explorere closes: "The
    >>> instruction at "Ox70aa98aa" referenced memory at "0x05e42f34". The
    >>> memory could not be "read". Click on "OK" to terminate the program.
    >>>
    >>> I am running Windows 2000 SP4, I have Norton Antivirus Corporate,
    >>> and Windows Defender installed. I scanned for viruses and it comes
    >>> back clean.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

    >> Windows.
    >>

    > Wrong. It is NCP (NortonCopyProtection) setup by your IT dept.
    > Talk to the admin :)

    It was a /joke/, son, a /joke/ <g>

    (How come no one's laughing???)

    And why is he using Windows Defender (a non-corporate antispyware solution)
    with Norton AV Corporate (a non-personal antivirus solution)? Hmmm...

    Toolman Tim, May 23, 2006