    I have scanned for spyware, bots, trojans... and have not added anything
    lately...

    Thanks in advance
    Canis lupus, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Canis lupus

    °Mike° Guest

    A VERBATIM error message would help immensely.

    In <lYV2e.863519$6l.194832@pd7tw2no>,
    Canis lupus took 20 lines to utter:

    >Recently Windows Explorer has started crashing randomly upon trying to open
    >it (or other similar program such as Control Panel). It does not happen
    >every time I try to open an explorer window but randomly, and as expected
    >the explore shell also closes and reopens as it is designed to do.
    >
    >The error offset is different every time - I assume this means its probably

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Canis lupus

    Canis lupus Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > A VERBATIM error message would help immensely.
    >
    > In <lYV2e.863519$6l.194832@pd7tw2no>,
    > Canis lupus took 20 lines to utter:
    >
    >> Recently Windows Explorer has started crashing randomly upon trying
    >> to open it (or other similar program such as Control Panel). It does
    >> not happen every time I try to open an explorer window but randomly,
    >> and as expected the explore shell also closes and reopens as it is
    >> designed to do.
    >>
    >> The error offset is different every time - I assume this means its
    >> probably <snip>

    I tried to reproduce the error this morning before posting, but I was not
    able... I think I might have corrected the problem.

    Some how a duplicate Logitech Web Cam driver mysteriously appeared (shows up
    in explorer as does the UMAX Scanner). I removed it from the device manager
    and that seems to have fixed the problem.
    Canis lupus, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Canis lupus

    °Mike° Guest

    In <ReY2e.863814$6l.190875@pd7tw2no>,
    Canis lupus took 24 lines to utter:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> A VERBATIM error message would help immensely.

    <snip>

    >I tried to reproduce the error this morning before posting, but I was not
    >able... I think I might have corrected the problem.
    >
    >Some how a duplicate Logitech Web Cam driver mysteriously appeared (shows up
    >in explorer as does the UMAX Scanner). I removed it from the device manager
    >and that seems to have fixed the problem.

    Ok, good luck.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 31, 2005
  5. Canis lupus

    Plato Guest

    Canis lupus wrote:

    > Recently Windows Explorer has started crashing randomly upon trying to open
    > it (or other similar program such as Control Panel). It does not happen
    > every time I try to open an explorer window but randomly, and as expected
    > the explore shell also closes and reopens as it is designed to do.

    Chances are it's a ram problem or you have too many apps running 24/7.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 31, 2005
  6. Canis lupus

    Canis lupus Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > In <ReY2e.863814$6l.190875@pd7tw2no>,
    > Canis lupus took 24 lines to utter:
    >
    >> °Mike° wrote:
    >>> A VERBATIM error message would help immensely.

    > <snip>
    >
    >> I tried to reproduce the error this morning before posting, but I
    >> was not able... I think I might have corrected the problem.
    >>
    >> Some how a duplicate Logitech Web Cam driver mysteriously appeared
    >> (shows up in explorer as does the UMAX Scanner). I removed it from
    >> the device manager and that seems to have fixed the problem.

    > Ok, good luck.

    FWIW - In case others experience similar problems - Removing the duplicate
    Web Cam driver solved the problem.

    XP is running rock sold again, in someway I miss using WinME because I
    usually had to trouble shoot it on a bi-weekly bases. <jk>

    (from a former contributor to alt.windows-me)

    Thanks again!
    Canis lupus, Apr 1, 2005
  7. Canis lupus

    °Mike° Guest

    In <cgg3e.870817$6l.163733@pd7tw2no>,
    Canis lupus took 29 lines to utter:

    <snip>

    >FWIW - In case others experience similar problems - Removing the duplicate
    >Web Cam driver solved the problem.
    >
    >XP is running rock sold again, in someway I miss using WinME because I
    >usually had to trouble shoot it on a bi-weekly bases. <jk>
    >
    >(from a former contributor to alt.windows-me)
    >
    >Thanks again!

    Thanks for the feedback.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance