    LifeDrive).
    Has anyone else had similar problems?
    Thanks for any help.
    Paul, Aug 4, 2007

  2. Paul

    Guest

    Paul <> wrote:

    >Recently I've been having problems with Windows Explorer crashing. The
    >strange thing is this only happens when I'm viewing one particular
    >folder on an external hard drive. Other folders on the same drive or
    >other hard drives don't cause a problem.
    >The error reports mentions deinterlace.ax. I've done a search on my
    >computer and can only find this in the palmone folder (I've got a
    >LifeDrive).
    >Has anyone else had similar problems?
    >Thanks for any help.

    Haven't heard of this in awhile but it could be caused by the windows
    fax and picture viewer

    Start | Run <type in>
    regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
    <enter>

    To disable the viewer - get rid of the offending file, and re enable
    the viewer By:

    Start | Run <type in>
    regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    <enter>

    --
    Fork incident
    http://ffix1975.livejournal.com/1523133.html?mode=reply

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On Aug 4, 1:07 pm, wrote:
    > Paul <> wrote:
    > >Recently I've been having problems with Windows Explorer crashing. The
    > >strange thing is this only happens when I'm viewing one particular
    > >folder on an external hard drive. Other folders on the same drive or
    > >other hard drives don't cause a problem.
    > >The error reports mentions deinterlace.ax. I've done a search on my
    > >computer and can only find this in the palmone folder (I've got a
    > >LifeDrive).
    > >Has anyone else had similar problems?
    > >Thanks for any help.

    > Haven't heard of this in awhile but it could be caused by the windows
    > fax and picture viewer
    >
    > Start | Run <type in>
    > regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
    > <enter>
    >
    > To disable the viewer - get rid of the offending file, and re enable
    > the viewer By:
    >
    > Start | Run <type in>
    > regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    > <enter>
    >
    > --
    > Fork incidenthttp://ffix1975.livejournal.com/1523133.html?mode=reply
    > (Warning Very Graphic)

    Hi,

    I tried that but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks anyway.
    A couple of things I didn't mention before is that the folder causing
    the problems only contains avi files which I've encoded myself. Other
    avi's from downloads etc. don't cause problems.
    Also, and this is really strange, nothing actually happens until I
    select of the files by dragging the mouse over them, the explorer
    crashes.

    Paul
    Paul, Aug 4, 2007
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On Aug 4, 3:16 pm, Paul <> wrote:
    > On Aug 4, 1:07 pm, wrote:
    >

    > > Paul <> wrote:
    > > >Recently I've been having problems with Windows Explorer crashing. The
    > > >strange thing is this only happens when I'm viewing one particular
    > > >folder on an external hard drive. Other folders on the same drive or
    > > >other hard drives don't cause a problem.
    > > >The error reports mentions deinterlace.ax. I've done a search on my
    > > >computer and can only find this in the palmone folder (I've got a
    > > >LifeDrive).
    > > >Has anyone else had similar problems?
    > > >Thanks for any help.

    > > Haven't heard of this in awhile but it could be caused by the windows
    > > fax and picture viewer

    > > Start | Run <type in>
    > > regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
    > > <enter>

    > > To disable the viewer - get rid of the offending file, and re enable
    > > the viewer By:

    > > Start | Run <type in>
    > > regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    > > <enter>

    > > --
    > > Fork incidenthttp://ffix1975.livejournal.com/1523133.html?mode=reply
    > > (Warning Very Graphic)

    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried that but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks anyway.
    > A couple of things I didn't mention before is that the folder causing
    > the problems only contains avi files which I've encoded myself. Other
    > avi's from downloads etc. don't cause problems.
    > Also, and this is really strange, nothing actually happens until I
    > select of the files by dragging the mouse over them, the explorer
    > crashes.
    >
    > Paul- Hide quoted text -

    Sorry, in that last part I meant to say select 'several' of the files,
    then explorer crashes.

    Paul
    Paul, Aug 4, 2007
  5. Paul

    Guest

    Paul <> wrote:

    >On Aug 4, 1:07 pm, wrote:
    >> Paul <> wrote:
    >> >Recently I've been having problems with Windows Explorer crashing. The
    >> >strange thing is this only happens when I'm viewing one particular
    >> >folder on an external hard drive. Other folders on the same drive or
    >> >other hard drives don't cause a problem.
    >> >The error reports mentions deinterlace.ax. I've done a search on my
    >> >computer and can only find this in the palmone folder (I've got a
    >> >LifeDrive).
    >> >Has anyone else had similar problems?
    >> >Thanks for any help.

    >> Haven't heard of this in awhile but it could be caused by the windows
    >> fax and picture viewer
    >>
    >> Start | Run <type in>
    >> regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
    >> <enter>
    >>
    >> To disable the viewer - get rid of the offending file, and re enable
    >> the viewer By:
    >>
    >> Start | Run <type in>
    >> regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    >> <enter>
    >>

    >Hi,
    >
    >I tried that but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks anyway.
    >A couple of things I didn't mention before is that the folder causing
    >the problems only contains avi files which I've encoded myself. Other
    >avi's from downloads etc. don't cause problems.
    >Also, and this is really strange, nothing actually happens until I
    >select of the files by dragging the mouse over them, the explorer
    >crashes.

    Ya, were even, I forgot to mention that the file causing the problem
    would be a graphics file :)

    The unregistering the dll should of worked; if you know the file
    that's causing problems you can drop to DOS and delete it/them that
    way, Or at least change the extension.

    --
    Fork incident
    http://ffix1975.livejournal.com/1523133.html?mode=reply
    (Warning Very Graphic)
    , Aug 4, 2007
  6. Paul

    Guest

    , Aug 4, 2007
  7. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On Aug 4, 4:07 pm, wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >The unregistering the dll should of worked; if you know the file
    > >that's causing problems you can drop to DOS and delete it/them that
    > >way, Or at least change the extension.

    > Start | Run <type in>
    > regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
    > <enter>
    >
    > And
    >
    > Start | Run <type in>
    > regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll
    > <enter>
    >
    > Google'd this fromhttp://www.moviecodec.com/topics/3588p1.html
    >
    > --
    > Fork incidenthttp://ffix1975.livejournal.com/1523133.html?mode=reply
    > (Warning Very Graphic)

    Thanks for your help. I've determined it was the shmedia.dll by
    unregistering and reregistering a few times. If I leave it
    unregistered all seems to be well (and I can still use the Windows
    Picture and Fax viewer).
    I'm going to do some research now and see what this file does and try
    to figure out why exactly this suddenly started happening.

    Thanks again,

    Paul
    Paul, Aug 4, 2007