    in them..

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck Flying, Feb 24, 2008

  2. On what operating system? This ng is for all 64bit Windows systems.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 24, 2008

  3. Windows XP x64 Pro Edition.

    I am using FileDisk Images, might have something to do with it.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck Flying, Feb 27, 2008
  4. Hi, I don't know but somewhere there is an option to support '8.3'
    filenames, I can imagine - if you are dual-booting (which I can't remember
    if you are?) that if you share disks/partitions across both systems, if you
    have this support enabled on the one system and not on the other?

    Just a thought!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 27, 2008
  5. Skybuck Flying

    Julsie Guest

    Re: Windows Explorer crashes when copieing/renaming folders with s

    I don't know this will apply to everyone but I had continued problems with
    Windows explorer and Internet Explorer crashing and restarting. I could not
    find anything in the discussion groups to help me, so "in a flash of
    brilliance" (desperation I suppose to be the better word) I went into
    Internet Explorer tools and disabled almost all of the add-ons. To my
    surprise and delight it is now in 24 hours and I have not had a single
    'Windows explorer has stopped working" and "Internet explorer has stopped
    working".
    So, I am posting this in case some of you will also be lucky enough to get
    the response that I did by disabling the add-ons. I left only the Microsoft
    add-ons and then only the ones that I thought were absolutely necessary.
    I'll be interested to hear if anyone benefits from this.

    Julsie, May 23, 2008
  6. Re: Windows Explorer crashes when copieing/renaming folders with s

    There is a no-add-ons version of x86 IE in Vista. There are three total;
    the default, the no-add-ons, and the x64 versions.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 23, 2008
  7. Re: Windows Explorer crashes when copieing/renaming folders with s

    Well, certainly that's worth doing, yes. Clearly, one of the addons you'd
    installed was, at best, not well behaved. I've become quite conservative
    about what crud I allow to install itself into my IE. It does appear to
    improve stability!

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64