    the activation or for any Internet site for that matter. I can ping Internet
    sites but the browser just won't connect. Any one have an idea where to
    start? --- Mike
    =?Utf-8?B?bWpzMTEzOA==?=, Nov 5, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWpzMTEzOA==?=

    Kurt Guest

    You can ping Internet sites using the fqdn? Or do you have to use the IP
    address? Double check that the DNS settings are also configured to be
    acquired automatically (DHCP) or assign the IP address/netmask/dns-server
    manually. If its a browser issue, turn off Enhanced Internet Security and
    see if that helps.

    ....kurt

    "mjs1138" <> wrote in message
    > I've started studying for 70-290 and installed the eval copy of winSvr2.3K
    > from the MS press book. The requirement of activation required me to

    connect
    > the PC to my house router for Internet connect. After stopping the DCHP
    > service on the server and changing the network connections to accept DHCP
    > (from the house router) I'm still unable to get Internet explorer to work

    for

    Kurt, Nov 9, 2004