    I'm not experienced but have tried everything including reverting to default
    settings - Can anyone help??

    Bowwow

    Jasper, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Jasper

    x@y Guest

    "Jasper" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Don't know what's happened???
    >
    > Up until last week, any address entered into the explorer

    address bar at
    > worst came back with words to the effect "not found, are any of

    these sites
    > what you were looking for"? Now not only do I just get a bland

    windows "the
    > page cannot be displayed" I cannot log into my hotmail account,

    and when
    > hitting hot links on pages it simply launches me into the bland

    page as
    > described above.
    >
    > I'm not experienced but have tried everything including

    reverting to default
    > settings - Can anyone help??
    >
    > Bowwow

    Hello "Jasper"!!
    If You are using Windows XP, did You try to System Restore to a
    date before
    last week??

    I had cases where the address bar disappeared completely that was
    scary.
    I was playing around and fixed it, if it happens again I would
    not know what to do.
    This is all I can suggest to You. Good Luck. x@y.

    x@y, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Jasper

    °Mike° Guest

    1. Basic computer maintenance

    2. Download, update and use *all* of the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/