Windows Exam, .NET vs .NET CF

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Nick Hoggard, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. Nick Hoggard

    Nick Hoggard Guest

    Hi All,

    Just wondering if the general principles of the MCAD windows exam are
    similar to the CF development.

    I have been working with .NET for some time now, but most of my experience
    is with the compact framework. I have read through one of the Microsoft
    self training guides and I'm confident on most of the concepts. The one
    thing that caught me out was in the practice exams there were questions
    about specific properties of some classes that do not exist in the compact
    framework.

    I guess my question here is how many of the questions relate to specifically
    how one would do something for PC based development rather than CF
    development?

    Cheers

    Nick

    Nick Hoggard, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Nick Hoggard

    Frank Mamone Guest

    Is CF used for PDF devices?

    - Frank

    Frank Mamone, Sep 2, 2004

  3. Nick Hoggard

    Nick Hoggard Guest

    Ok, that had been my impression as well. I guess I'll be spending my
    weekends brushing up on the full framework then.

    Cheers

    Nick

    > CF being only a small subset of the .NET Framework, yes the general
    > principals are the same, but there's a lot more classes and features
    > available in the full Framework -- you should probably really spend some
    > time doing some desktop apps development to get to know all the features
    > you're missing out on, such as missing controls and a lot of control
    > properties. As for knowing a lot of details about properties and methods

    of

    Nick Hoggard, Sep 3, 2004