    directory, and expect it to work.

    Ant.

    --

    Ant, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Ant

    DC Guest

    Ant wrote:
    > Hi, I'm trying to install the drivers for a USB hub onto a Time PC with Win
    > XP Home installed. The Wizard doesn't seem to be able to find the necessary
    > driver off the Time recovery disc. My question is, Can I copy the file off
    > my PC (usbhub.sys) and put it into the C: \Windows\ system32\Drvers
    > directory, and expect it to work.

    Sure, you can expect it to work. You could also expect monkeys to fly
    out of your butt, but that would be equally unlikely to happen. }:O)

    Have you visited the mfr's web site to see if there are drivers
    available for download[1]?

    [1] Incidentally, I've never known USB hubs to require drivers. I
    always thought that they basically acted like a "splitter", but I could
    be wrong about that.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

    DC, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Ant

    zippy do da Guest

    DC wrote:

    > Ant wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, I'm trying to install the drivers for a USB hub onto a Time PC with Win
    >>XP Home installed. The Wizard doesn't seem to be able to find the necessary
    >>driver off the Time recovery disc. My question is, Can I copy the file off
    >>my PC (usbhub.sys) and put it into the C: \Windows\ system32\Drvers
    >>directory, and expect it to work.

    > Sure, you can expect it to work. You could also expect monkeys to fly
    > out of your butt, but that would be equally unlikely to happen. }:O)
    >
    > Have you visited the mfr's web site to see if there are drivers
    > available for download[1]?
    >
    > [1] Incidentally, I've never known USB hubs to require drivers. I
    > always thought that they basically acted like a "splitter", but I could
    > be wrong about that.

    True in fact you would get the software with the hub because it would
    have to address all the individual connections. Noted thanks

    zippy do da, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Ant

    DC Guest

    zippy do da wrote:
    > DC wrote:

    >> Ant wrote:

    >>>Hi, I'm trying to install the drivers for a USB hub onto a Time PC with Win
    >>>XP Home installed. The Wizard doesn't seem to be able to find the necessary
    >>>driver off the Time recovery disc. My question is, Can I copy the file off
    >>>my PC (usbhub.sys) and put it into the C: \Windows\ system32\Drvers
    >>>directory, and expect it to work.

    >> Sure, you can expect it to work. You could also expect monkeys to fly
    >> out of your butt, but that would be equally unlikely to happen. }:O)

    >> Have you visited the mfr's web site to see if there are drivers
    >> available for download[1]?

    >> [1] Incidentally, I've never known USB hubs to require drivers. I
    >> always thought that they basically acted like a "splitter", but I could
    >> be wrong about that.

    > True in fact you would get the software with the hub because it would
    > have to address all the individual connections. Noted thanks

    What is true? I bought two hubs, neither of which came with a driver
    disk. Are you saying that they should have? If I am wrong, are you
    indicating that you are noting my incorrect information?

    You response is rather difficult to understand. I really have no idea
    what you're trying to say.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
    -- Neil Peart

    DC, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Ant

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "DC" <> wrote in message
    | zippy do da wrote:
    | > DC wrote:

    Win

    | >> Sure, you can expect it to work. You could also expect monkeys to fly
    | >> out of your butt, but that would be equally unlikely to happen. }:O)
    |
    | >> Have you visited the mfr's web site to see if there are drivers
    | >> available for download[1]?
    |
    | >> [1] Incidentally, I've never known USB hubs to require drivers. I
    | >> always thought that they basically acted like a "splitter", but I could
    | >> be wrong about that.
    |
    | > True in fact you would get the software with the hub because it would
    | > have to address all the individual connections. Noted thanks
    |
    | What is true? I bought two hubs, neither of which came with a driver
    | disk. Are you saying that they should have? If I am wrong, are you
    | indicating that you are noting my incorrect information?
    |
    | You response is rather difficult to understand. I really have no idea
    | what you're trying to say.

    That's a pretty typical problem with Zippy's posts...

    I have at least 5 or 6 hubs that I've owned or used, and none of them
    required drivers beyond those incorporated in Windows.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 4, 2004