Windows Driver Error mayhem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Muze Groops, Sep 22, 2007.

  1. Muze Groops

    Muze Groops Guest

    Muze Groops, Sep 22, 2007

  2. Muze Groops

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:05:53 -0400, Muze Groops <>
    wrote:

    >Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
    >reboots all by itself.
    >
    >After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
    >links below)
    >
    >I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
    >before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks :)

    Nope. But the STOP error may tell something, or look in the event
    viewer.

    > (WinXp Sp2 Pent 4 2gigprocessor 512k RAM)

    512k! Holy crap! That's your problem.

    Actually even 512mb isn't enough now days for Windows.

    Evan Platt, Sep 22, 2007

  3. Muze Groops

    Muze Groops Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:05:53 -0400, Muze Groops <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
    >> reboots all by itself.
    >>
    >> After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
    >> links below)
    >>
    >> I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
    >> before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks :)

    > Nope. But the STOP error may tell something, or look in the event
    > viewer.
    >
    >> (WinXp Sp2 Pent 4 2gigprocessor 512k RAM)

    > 512k! Holy crap! That's your problem.
    >
    > Actually even 512mb isn't enough now days for Windows.

    That's what I think is the problem too. I think I'll go find a cheap
    card of another 512 of RAM, *that* should be enough, no? I mean I'm not
    playing video games, just cam apps and torrent occasionally.

    Muze Groops, Sep 22, 2007
  4. Muze Groops

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:23:43 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:05:53 -0400, Muze Groops <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
    >>reboots all by itself.
    >>
    >>After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
    >>links below)
    >>
    >>I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
    >>before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks :)

    >Nope. But the STOP error may tell something, or look in the event
    >viewer.
    >
    >> (WinXp Sp2 Pent 4 2gigprocessor 512k RAM)

    >512k! Holy crap! That's your problem.
    >
    >Actually even 512mb isn't enough now days for Windows.

    Shit I missed that. If you're been running XP all along and now you're
    getting this you need to check your RAM. Reseat each strip and see
    what you get.

    who'sthat, Sep 22, 2007
  5. Muze Groops

    Guest

    Muze Groops <> wrote:

    >Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
    >reboots all by itself.
    >
    >After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
    >links below)
    >
    >I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
    >before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks :)

    You can troubleshoot your drivers

    Start | Run <type in>
    verifier
    <enter>

    But it's a lot of work http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

    If you try this can't reboot or have other problems - F8 and use last
    good config.
    --

    http://www.onahorse.com/

    , Sep 22, 2007
  6. Muze Groops

    pcbutts1 Guest

    If MS says the reason their operating system crashed is because of a device
    driver why do you *think* it's not? I mean your choice is very limited.
    Video, Ram, Sound card, or peripherals.

    pcbutts1, Sep 22, 2007
  7. Muze Groops

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Having a limited amount of ram does not cause a BSOD bad ram does. If you
    are going to get another stick then get 2 and replace the old one.

    pcbutts1, Sep 22, 2007