Windows Domain login via wireless + PEAP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by BG, Feb 16, 2006.

  1. BG

    BG Guest

    I am trying to do the following

    Log into a windows domain via the wireless network. Using PEAP/AES.

    I have the following

    Windows Laptop with a Cisco ABG PC card wireless card. I am using all the
    latest driver for the card/firmware/ADU. I can not get the laptop to log
    into the wireless network before logging into the workstation. I can log
    into the workstation and then successfully pass my windows credentials to
    single sign on to the laptop/network, but I need the wireless auth to take
    place before the windows auth.

    I can get the above described senario to work using LEAP and all
    documentation I have found leads to LEAP implementations of this, but to
    this point I have not been able to find any documentation that this can be
    done with PEAP on a cisco client card.

    I also have the above senario working on a client that is using an Intel
    wireless card.

    Just wondering if anyone else had the following issue or a working model

    Regards,
    Barry
    BG, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Have you enabled machine-authentication on both the client side and on the
    authenticator side?
    You need to allow the computer-account to authenticate succesfully as well
    as the user-account.
    What authenticator are you using? Cisco ACS, Windows IAS, ...

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Feb 16, 2006

  3. BG

    BG Guest

    I didn't, but I do now with the same results. From what I read with a LEAP
    settup the Cisco login box should pop up before I log into the workstation.
    That isn't happening. Maybe it will work without the Novell client?

    Couple things I left out

    Cisco ACS
    using MSCHAPv2
    Novell Client installed