    The feature you are trying to use is on a network resources that is
    unavailable

    Any help welcome
    JAMES, Dec 7, 2006

  2. "JAMES" <> wrote in
    news:JQ%dh.2131$:

    > On boot up I get this message ,
    >
    > Application failed to initialize properly (oxo ooooo34)
    >
    > Tried to uninstall program , another message says ,
    >
    > The feature you are trying to use is on a network resources that is
    > unavailable
    >

    > Any help welcome

    You can go to the Windows Defender main and download the latest 'version'
    after all the verify and wga rigamarole:

    There is a new version, and even on my LAN, the update notices have been
    staggered by a couple of days, and said update links to the new download.

    I've been installing it over-the-top with no issues. It's got a biffy new
    makeover.

    When you get the installer to your HDD, it should give you an option to
    shut down WD if it's running, or repair the installation, etc.

    Worth a try...

    Higher beings from outer space
    may not want to tell us all the secrets of life,
    because, in their little grey minds,
    we're not quite ready for that advanced step - yet.

    But maybe they'll change their superior tune - after a little torture.
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 7, 2006

  3. JAMES

    JAMES Guest

    "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns9892A90028116WeeZurD@216.151.153.21...
    > "JAMES" <> wrote in
    >
    >> On boot up I get this message ,
    >>
    >> Application failed to initialize properly (oxo ooooo34)
    >>
    >> Tried to uninstall program , another message says ,
    >>
    >> The feature you are trying to use is on a network resources that is
    >> unavailable
    >>

    >> Any help welcome

    > You can go to the Windows Defender main and download the latest 'version'
    > after all the verify and wga rigamarole:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >
    > There is a new version, and even on my LAN, the update notices have been
    > staggered by a couple of days, and said update links to the new download.
    >
    > I've been installing it over-the-top with no issues. It's got a biffy new
    > makeover.
    >
    > When you get the installer to your HDD, it should give you an option to
    > shut down WD if it's running, or repair the installation, etc.
    >
    > Worth a try...
    >

    > Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Higher beings from outer space
    > may not want to tell us all the secrets of life,
    > because, in their little grey minds,
    > we're not quite ready for that advanced step - yet.
    >
    > But maybe they'll change their superior tune - after a little torture.

    Worked fine
    Thank You
    JAMES, Dec 7, 2006
  4. >> "JAMES" <> wrote in

    >>> On boot up I get this message ,
    >>>
    >>> Application failed to initialize properly (oxo ooooo34)
    >>>
    >>> Tried to uninstall program , another message says ,
    >>>
    >>> The feature you are trying to use is on a network resources that is
    >>> unavailable
    >>>

    >>> Any help welcome

    > "Bucky Breeder" wrote in
    > message news:Xns9892A90028116WeeZurD@216.151.153.21...
    >>
    >> You can go to the Windows Defender main and download the
    >> latest 'version' after all the verify and wga rigamarole:
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/
    >> spyware/software/default.mspx
    >>
    >> [ http://preview.tinyurl.com/47cus ]
    >>
    >> There is a new version, and even on my LAN, the update
    >> notices have been staggered by a couple of days, and
    >> said update links to the new download.
    >>
    >> I've been installing it over-the-top with no issues.
    >> It's got a biffy new makeover.
    >>
    >> When you get the installer to your HDD, it should give
    >> you an option to shut down WD if it's running, or repair
    >> the installation, etc.
    >>
    >> Worth a try...

    "JAMES" <> wrote in

    > Worked fine
    > Thank You

    YW. Thank you for the follow-up.

    If I were the head of a country that just lost a war,
    and I then had to sign the peace treaty;
    just as I was signing, I'd glance over the treaty
    and then suddenly act surprised - and exclaim:
    "Wait a minute! I thought *we* won!"
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 8, 2006