Windows Defender v1593 released

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 9, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 9, 2006

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 9, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I'm hoping it'll show up there.
    It'd also be nice if it could update itself instead of require an
    uninstall/reinstall (which would probably lose whatever settings I've put in
    as well).

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Nov 9, 2006
  4. In general, it should, though I understand there may be specific reasons why
    this one might not work that way.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 9, 2006
  5. Well I went the whole nine yards.
    1.- Downloaded the new defender.
    2.- Uninstalled the old one (no reboot required).
    3.- Installed the new one (no reboot required).
    4.- Updated defender definitions (no reboot required).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 10, 2006