  1. Aaron Kelley

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 24, 2006

  3. Funny how clicking the Check for Updates button from within Defender says no
    update is available...
    Homer J. Simpson, Oct 24, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 24, 2006
  5. Aaron Kelley

    your creator Guest

    Homer J. Simpson wrote:
    > Funny how clicking the Check for Updates button from within Defender says no
    > update is available...

    LMAO I know, the only way to update it is through windows update, the
    update option in WD is useless
    your creator, Oct 24, 2006
  6. > Cannot find any reference on MS pages to Vista.
    > Does Vista use a specific version of Windows Defender or do the x86 and
    > x64
    > newly released versions encompass Vista x86 and Vista x64 as well?

    Somehow I don't think that Vista will ship with the beta version of
    Defender, so it only makes sense that the RTM will come with the final
    Defender as well...just like you won't find the final IE7 for Vista as a
    separate download.
    Homer J. Simpson, Oct 24, 2006
  7. Aaron Kelley

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    This is correct.
    You don't need to install Windows Defender in Vista since it is bundled.
    That we are seeing the final version for Windows XP/2003 is another sign
    that Vista is almost ready. :)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Oct 25, 2006