    but Windows CE would be preferrable.

    TIA,

    -Le Chaud Lapin-
    Le Chaud Lapin, Nov 19, 2006

  2. Hi

    I never saw one running WinCE, most Entry Level Cable/DSL Routers run
    propriety firmware. Some run subset of Linux.

    This is the most popular open source replacement, what it can do, and the
    Routers that it can run on.
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_"DD-WRT"?#Features_.28Overview.29

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 20, 2006

  3. Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I never saw one running WinCE, most Entry Level Cable/DSL Routers run
    > propriety firmware. Some run subset of Linux.
    >
    > This is the most popular open source replacement, what it can do, and the
    > Routers that it can run on.
    > http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_"DD-WRT"?#Features_.28Overview.29

    Thanks Jack. I was suprised to see so many vendors not deviating from
    the Broadcom reference design.

    About Linux: I could use it, but I am having real trouble getting past
    the threading model. I never thought I would say it, but I am partial
    to Microsoft's model, where there is a true subordination of threads to
    processes.

    -Le Chaud Lapin-
    Le Chaud Lapin, Nov 20, 2006
  4. Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
    > About Linux: I could use it, but I am having real trouble getting past
    > the threading model. I never thought I would say it, but I am partial
    > to Microsoft's model, where there is a true subordination of threads to
    > processes.

    Correction: It appears that Linux is doing away with the
    pseudo-threading-model in favor of true POSIX threads:

    http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man7/pthreads.7.html

    -Le Chaud Lapin-
    Le Chaud Lapin, Nov 21, 2006