    happen, and is there a fix for it? I've re-installed PaintShop Pro 3 times.
    I use Win XP Pro.

    Joe.

    Joe, May 2, 2007

  2. Joe

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 02 May 2007 22:42:14 GMT, "Joe" <>
    wrote:

    >I have some jpeg files on my desktop and wish to open them with PaintShop
    >Pro9, but when I right-click on them and select the program to open them
    >with from the list, the program opens but doesn't load the file. Instead I
    >get a message saying "Windows can't find the file photo.jpg". Why does this
    >happen, and is there a fix for it? I've re-installed PaintShop Pro 3 times.
    >I use Win XP Pro.

    Why not associate JPG's with PSP, then simply double click on your
    pr0n to open it?

    Evan Platt, May 3, 2007

  3. Joe

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 02 May 2007 22:42:14 +0000, Joe wrote:

    > I have some jpeg files on my desktop and wish to open them with PaintShop
    > Pro9, but when I right-click on them and select the program to open them
    > with from the list, the program opens but doesn't load the file. Instead I
    > get a message saying "Windows can't find the file photo.jpg". Why does this
    > happen, and is there a fix for it? I've re-installed PaintShop Pro 3 times.
    > I use Win XP Pro.
    >
    > Joe.

    Used to get that myself with PSP 9 and XP. The funny thing is if I opened
    PSP first then pointed it to the jpeg I wanted to open, it would open no
    problem.

    I put it down to my old HD reaching the end of its useful life at the
    time, but it might just be a PSP 9 foible.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, May 3, 2007
  4. Joe

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in

    > I have some jpeg files on my desktop and wish to open them with
    > PaintShop Pro9, but when I right-click on them and select the program to
    > open them with from the list, the program opens but doesn't load the
    > file. Instead I get a message saying "Windows can't find the file
    > photo.jpg". Why does this happen, and is there a fix for it? I've
    > re-installed PaintShop Pro 3 times. I use Win XP Pro.
    >
    > Joe.

    Are they JPEG files or shortcuts to JPEG files that no longer exist?

    Fuzzy Logic, May 3, 2007
  5. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 02 May 2007 22:42:14 +0000, Joe wrote:
    >
    >> I have some jpeg files on my desktop and wish to open them with PaintShop
    >> Pro9, but when I right-click on them and select the program to open them
    >> with from the list, the program opens but doesn't load the file. Instead
    >> get a message saying "Windows can't find the file photo.jpg". Why does
    >> this
    >> happen, and is there a fix for it? I've re-installed PaintShop Pro 3
    >> times.
    >> I use Win XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Joe.

    > Used to get that myself with PSP 9 and XP. The funny thing is if I opened
    > PSP first then pointed it to the jpeg I wanted to open, it would open no
    > problem.
    >
    > I put it down to my old HD reaching the end of its useful life at the
    > time, but it might just be a PSP 9 foible.
    >
    > --
    > Registered Linux User 413057.
    > Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    > You can have it all. My empire of hurt.

    Yeah, I gotta agree with you as I too think it's a PSP 9 'foible'. I just
    set it to open with the program after associating it with JPEGs, and
    although the program opens, the file doesn't load, just as before. Maybe
    there's a fix for it in the jasc updates?

    Cheers.
    Joe.

    Joe, May 3, 2007
  6. Joe

    jon doglegs Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 02 May 2007 22:42:14 GMT, "Joe" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I have some jpeg files on my desktop and wish to open them with PaintShop
    >>Pro9, but when I right-click on them and select the program to open them
    >>with from the list, the program opens but doesn't load the file. Instead I
    >>get a message saying "Windows can't find the file photo.jpg". Why does
    >>this
    >>happen, and is there a fix for it? I've re-installed PaintShop Pro 3
    >>times.
    >>I use Win XP Pro.

    > Why not associate JPG's with PSP, then simply double click on your
    > pr0n to open it?

    *snickles* :)

    .. rename *.jpg to *.prn ...

    jon doglegs, Sep 25, 2007
  7. Joe

    who'sthat Guest

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 01:30:49 GMT, "jon doglegs" <>
    wrote:

    >"Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 02 May 2007 22:42:14 GMT, "Joe" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have some jpeg files on my desktop and wish to open them with PaintShop
    >>>Pro9, but when I right-click on them and select the program to open them
    >>>with from the list, the program opens but doesn't load the file. Instead I
    >>>get a message saying "Windows can't find the file photo.jpg". Why does
    >>>this
    >>>happen, and is there a fix for it? I've re-installed PaintShop Pro 3
    >>>times.
    >>>I use Win XP Pro.

    >> Why not associate JPG's with PSP, then simply double click on your
    >> pr0n to open it?
    >> --
    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    >*snickles* :)
    >
    > .. rename *.jpg to *.prn ...

    As a rule PSP the associations of most graphic files to open with it.

    who'sthat, Sep 25, 2007
  8. Joe

    who'sthat Guest

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 05:27:42 -0500, who'sthat <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 01:30:49 GMT, "jon doglegs" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>"Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >>> Why not associate JPG's with PSP, then simply double click on your
    >>> pr0n to open it?
    >>> --
    >>> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    >>*snickles* :)
    >>
    >> .. rename *.jpg to *.prn ...

    >As a rule PSP the associations of most graphic files to open with it.

    CHANGES

    who'sthat, Sep 25, 2007
  9. Joe

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >As a rule PSP the associations of most graphic files to open with it.

    Huh?

    Evan Platt, Sep 25, 2007
  10. Joe

    who'sthat Guest

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 06:24:50 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 05:27:42 -0500, who'sthat <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>As a rule PSP the associations of most graphic files to open with it.

    >Huh?

    When you install PaintShopPro it changes the associations to PSP so if
    you click on the file in Windows Explorer it opens in PSP. I always
    have to go back and reassociate my jpgs, gifs and bmps with Firehand
    Ember. I never go though a program to open a graphic file, I use
    Windows Explorer.

    who'sthat, Sep 25, 2007