    the hardware, so it's not their problem. I would like to be able to use the
    built-in Broadcom adapter again so that I don't have to rely on the USB
    stick. Please help!

    =?Utf-8?B?dGltOTUyNQ==?=, May 11, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dGltOTUyNQ==?=

    James Gockel Guest

    If your computer is still under warranty, I would make them fix the issue.
    It can be many different things, from software disabling the wireless
    service (which can be anything from safe programs to problem programs like
    spyware or viruses)... it could be a hardware issue itself, and there'd be
    nothing you can do to fix it yourself, and the manufacture will be required
    to repair it if it's still under warranty.
    If you want to try and fix it yourself, my first suggestion is uninstall the
    broadcom's drivers, pop open the door on the bottom of the computer for the
    wireless card, (with the computer off of course) take the card out, and push
    it back in... then reinstall the drivers.
    If that doesnt work, then it's a bad card... get it replaced. Talk to your
    OEM and get them to replace it.
    -James G.

    James Gockel, May 11, 2006

  3. I found a simple solution & it works. Hope this help everyone with similar
    problem.

    http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread8678.html

    =?Utf-8?B?dGltOTUyNQ==?=, May 12, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dGltOTUyNQ==?=

    jgj

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Dell inspiron 6000 Xp

    Please can anyone tell me - How do I get windows to managhe my wireless connections?

    jgj, Aug 9, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dGltOTUyNQ==?=

    blacksmoke

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    i have the same problem. and i have resolve it.
    rightclick in Wireless Network Connection icon in system tray\View Availables wireless network
    you chooses Change advanced settings\Wireless networks tabs
    check use windows to configure my wireless networks settings

    best regard!

    blacksmoke, Apr 16, 2008
  6. =?Utf-8?B?dGltOTUyNQ==?=

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Let Windows manage the wireless connection

    Blacksmoke, I have a new X301 thinkpad, and I have this problem. I Change the Advanced Settings, click on let Windows...checkbox, and I can connect. BUT as soon as I sign off and boot up again, the window is unchecked and I must do this each time I boot up.

    Lenovo has something on this new thinkpad called ThinkVantage and I fear that the default position is for their power manager to configure the wireless. I cannot so far figure out how to keep this box checked permanently so that I don't have to do it each time. I cannot connect with ThinkVantage doing the wireless configuration if I am using the netgear router in my FL condo. As long as I use the Linksys in my NC home, I have no problem.

    , Jul 18, 2009