Windows Calendar in Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Peter Chant, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. Peter Chant

    Peter Chant Guest

    Peter Chant, Jan 27, 2010

  2. There is no calendar or email program included in Windows 7. Windows
    Live Essentials http://download.live.com/, offered through Windows
    Update, provides both if you want.

    Alternatives include Mozila Thunderbird
    http://en-gb.www.mozillamessaging.com/en-GB/thunderbird/ with the
    Lightning http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/calendar
    extension and a port to Windows of Evolution
    http://www.dipconsultants.com/evolution/.

    Dominic Payer, Jan 27, 2010

  3. Peter Chant

    Peter Chant Guest

    Dominic Payer wrote:

    > There is no calendar or email program included in Windows 7. Windows
    > Live Essentials http://download.live.com/, offered through Windows
    > Update, provides both if you want.

    Ah. Since there appeared to be one in Vista with iCalendar support it seemed
    to be a reasonable assumption that there would be one in Win 7, but I could
    not find it - confirmed! Live essentials seems to have nil connectivity.

    > Alternatives include Mozila Thunderbird
    > http://en-gb.www.mozillamessaging.com/en-GB/thunderbird/ with the
    > Lightning http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/calendar
    > extension and a port to Windows of Evolution
    > http://www.dipconsultants.com/evolution/.

    Thanks, links useful. Aware of those, apart from Windows port of Evolution.
    Did not expect such an open source answer a win newsgroup! :)

    Pete

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

    Peter Chant, Jan 27, 2010