    safe mode the line of DOS directories show up like normal but then it
    reboots. Anyone know what this is and how it gets fixed.

    I'm using the NVRAID on the ASUS A8N-SLI-Deluxe
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Did you use F6 to load drivers for your raid controller? You need to, and you
    may need updated ones.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Yes, the first time i tried to load i had bad drivers so i loaded xp home on
    an ata drive and put those on a floppy. Both required drivers load as
    advertised during setup Windows setup goes through everything with no
    problems. Its when I am loading windows after "39 minute" setup time when
    windows loads and configures itself to your computer, like setting system
    time, home network all that jazz is i have the problem. The blue scoll bar
    goes through about 5 rotations followed by a BSOD that is so quick it took a
    couple of reboots to figure out what was happening since at first it was so
    quick that i could not see it. But it is still so quick that i can't catch
    the error codes. Do i need to find a way to install the 64 bit drivers at
    the same time that windows loads?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Yes, you're probably going to have to create the F6 floppy with updated
    64-bit drivers. But to be sure what the source of the problem is, when it
    reboots, press F8 to take you to safe mode, and turn off the automatic
    reboot. This will allow you to see what the BSOD error code is, and that will
    confirm where the problem is.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005
  5. system hangs on acpitabl.dat. After doing some looking it seems that this is
    a nvidia thing. Looking through the BIOS settings there is one setting
    called ACPI suspend type, i have S1, S3, S1 and S3. I have tried all three
    settings with no joy. I have also tried disabling ACPI APIC support and I
    will get an error saying that firmware is not right and that APIC is not
    configured.

    The system will boot to an IDE drive with no hiccups.

    Now that i have ID'd the corrupt file how do i fix it when i can't get
    inside the drive?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, Aug 10, 2005
  6. how do i disable the automatic reboot?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, Aug 10, 2005
  7. From Darrell Gorter's post earlier this week:

    =====================================
    Use F8 to get to the Safe Mode options screen.
    Select to not automatically restart the machine.
    Now choose to boot into x64 and see if you can capture the error message.
    Most of the time the default behavior after a bluescreen is to reboot the
    box.
    This option on the Safe Mode selection screen tells the system for this
    boot, do not automatically restart after a bluescreen error.
    Subsequent boots are not affected by this change, it only applies to this
    single boot.
    But this should allow us to see what the error message is that is happening.
    =====================================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005
  8. fail codes
    *** stop: 0x00000024 ( 0x00000000001902f0, 0xfffffadfe757f6ao,
    0xffffffffc0000102, 0x0000000000000000)

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, Aug 11, 2005
  9. I'll be interested to see what Darrell or one of the other MS folks here
    comes up with, but that stop error indicates a problem with the NTFS file
    system. (google "stop 0x00000024" )

    I would try the following:
    1.) download updated drivers for your controller. Copy them to floppy.
    2.) Rerun setup from scratch. Use F6 to load the updated drivers, then
    3.) DELETE the partition that you want to install x64 Edition on.
    4.) re-create the partition and format it completely using NTFS. Don't settle
    for a quick format.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 11, 2005
  10. Last night just be fore i went to bet i downloaded driver version 6.65 from
    planetamd64.com. Performed a repair of the system and evything checks out
    good. I'm writing this email on the once bad ssytem. thanks for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, Aug 11, 2005
  11. You got it? Great. I'm really glad to hear you're over that hump.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 12, 2005