    I've ensured that all programs that should be using the internet is
    disabled. Any suggestions?

    , Jul 28, 2006

  2. Guest

    On 28-Jul-2006, wrote:

    > I'm having an odd issue. Windows XP hangs when loading windows but only
    > when I'm away from my wireless network. I've reinstalled windows using
    > a full format, Flashed the bios, updated all drivers. still nothing.
    > I've ensured that all programs that should be using the internet is
    > disabled. Any suggestions?

    Is this a laptop problem?
    If so wireless may still be enabled with nothing to
    connect to.
    When you get XP started look at System Services and see
    what is Stopped, Automatic, Disabled etc, and how/when
    they are started.
    Also check Start menu. What starts for each user,
    and are you running in Admin mode?
    Also check hardware any of the dredded yellow
    exclamation marks.
    From there on you start looking at logs for error
    messages. Though as it occurs at boot the logs
    may be clean.
    Flashing BIOS doesn't mean BIOS setting are
    correct, also Plug & Pray can cause hardware
    funnies.
    When it's running do an ipconfig /all and try
    setting static addresses to the figures you get.

    , Jul 28, 2006