    do anything else. I tried this before and actually created a perfectly
    bootable Windows XP disc, but now I can't remember how I did it. Any
    help?
    chad, May 17, 2007

  2. chad

    philo Guest

    "chad" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have an iso image. I burn it onto disc using XP burning software.
    > All it does is put the iso as an iso on the disc. It doesn't boot or
    > do anything else. I tried this before and actually created a perfectly
    > bootable Windows XP disc, but now I can't remember how I did it. Any
    > help?

    You do not burn the file to the cd

    you need to use your cd burning software's option to "burn an image"
    philo, May 17, 2007

  3. chad

    Gordon Guest

    "chad" <> wrote in message
    >I have an iso image. I burn it onto disc using XP burning software.
    > All it does is put the iso as an iso on the disc. It doesn't boot or
    > do anything else. I tried this before and actually created a perfectly
    > bootable Windows XP disc, but now I can't remember how I did it. Any
    > help?

    The native XP burning function won't burn a bootable CD from an iso image -
    you need third-party software that will do that.
    Gordon, May 17, 2007
  4. chad

    sittingduck Guest

    chad wrote:

    > I have an iso image.

    You need software that will put the image onto the disc properly. Burning it
    to the disc as a data file (what you did) will not cut it.
    An image is a "snapshot" of a disc. You need the proper software to restore
    it back.
    Download the free version of Deepburner, and you will be able to properly
    burn the ISO file. http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download
    sittingduck, May 17, 2007
  5. chad

    Alfred Guest

    On Thu, 17 May 2007 18:34:42 +0100, "Gordon"
    <> wrote:

    >"chad" <> wrote in message
    >>I have an iso image. I burn it onto disc using XP burning software.
    >> All it does is put the iso as an iso on the disc. It doesn't boot or
    >> do anything else. I tried this before and actually created a perfectly
    >> bootable Windows XP disc, but now I can't remember how I did it. Any
    >> help?
    >>

    >The native XP burning function won't burn a bootable CD from an iso image -
    >you need third-party software that will do that.

    Like this
    http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php
    Alfred, May 17, 2007
  6. chad

    ian field Guest

    "sittingduck" <> wrote in message
    > chad wrote:
    >
    >> I have an iso image.

    > You need software that will put the image onto the disc properly. Burning
    > it
    > to the disc as a data file (what you did) will not cut it.
    > An image is a "snapshot" of a disc. You need the proper software to
    > restore
    > it back.
    > Download the free version of Deepburner, and you will be able to properly
    > burn the ISO file. http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download

    Does that program do the other way round?
    ian field, May 17, 2007
  7. chad

    Gordon Guest

    "Alfred" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 17 May 2007 18:34:42 +0100, "Gordon"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"chad" <> wrote in message
    >>>I have an iso image. I burn it onto disc using XP burning software.
    >>> All it does is put the iso as an iso on the disc. It doesn't boot or
    >>> do anything else. I tried this before and actually created a perfectly
    >>> bootable Windows XP disc, but now I can't remember how I did it. Any
    >>> help?
    >>>

    >>The native XP burning function won't burn a bootable CD from an iso
    >>image -
    >>you need third-party software that will do that.
    >>

    > Like this
    > http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php

    Absolutely. That's the one I use.....
    Gordon, May 17, 2007
  8. chad

    sittingduck Guest

    ian field wrote:

    > Does that program do the other way round?

    Are you asking if it will make an image from a disc?
    sittingduck, May 17, 2007
  9. chad

    Vanguard Guest

    > chad wrote:
    >
    >> I have an iso image.

    > You need software that will put the image onto the disc properly.
    > Burning it
    > to the disc as a data file (what you did) will not cut it.
    > An image is a "snapshot" of a disc. You need the proper software to
    > restore
    > it back.
    > Download the free version of Deepburner, and you will be able to
    > properly
    > burn the ISO file. http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download

    Pro versus Free version
    http://www.deepburner.com/?r=products&pr=deepburner&prr=provsfree

    Another freebie is CDBurnerXP Pro.
    Vanguard, May 18, 2007
  10. chad

    > ian field wrote:
    >
    >> Does that program do the other way round?

    > Are you asking if it will make an image from a disc?

    Yes - I currently use Nero which will re-constitute an iso back to a disk
    but I can't find anything in the manual about doing the reverse, only Nero's
    own image format.
    ian field, May 18, 2007
  11. chad

    Gordon Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in message

    > "sittingduck" <> wrote in message
    >> ian field wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does that program do the other way round?

    >> Are you asking if it will make an image from a disc?

    > Yes - I currently use Nero which will re-constitute an iso back to a disk
    > but I can't find anything in the manual about doing the reverse, only
    > Nero's own image format.

    CDBurner XP Pro will save an image as an iso file.....
    Gordon, May 18, 2007
  12. chad

    sittingduck Guest

    ian field wrote:

    > Yes - I currently use Nero which will re-constitute an iso back to a
    > disk but I can't find anything in the manual about doing the reverse,
    > only Nero's own image format.

    Yeah, even the free version will make an iso. It's not real obvious HOW
    though. You create a data disc, then add all your files. Right before you
    would burn it, you can click "Save ISO". There is an option to make the disc
    bootable as well.
    sittingduck, May 18, 2007
  13. chad

    ian field Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "ian field" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "sittingduck" <> wrote in message

    >>> Are you asking if it will make an image from a disc?

    >> Yes - I currently use Nero which will re-constitute an iso back to a disk
    >> but I can't find anything in the manual about doing the reverse, only
    >> Nero's own image format.
    >>

    > CDBurner XP Pro will save an image as an iso file.....

    Thanks.
    ian field, May 18, 2007
  14. chad

    > ian field wrote:
    >
    >> Yes - I currently use Nero which will re-constitute an iso back to a
    >> disk but I can't find anything in the manual about doing the reverse,
    >> only Nero's own image format.

    > Yeah, even the free version will make an iso. It's not real obvious HOW
    > though. You create a data disc, then add all your files. Right before you
    > would burn it, you can click "Save ISO". There is an option to make the
    > disc
    > bootable as well.

    Thanks.
    ian field, May 18, 2007
  15. chad

    Alfred Guest

    Re: Bound Babe With Tit Clamps Licked

    Alfred, May 20, 2007
  16. chad wrote:

    > I have an iso image. I burn it onto disc using XP burning software.
    > All it does is put the iso as an iso on the disc. It doesn't boot or
    > do anything else. I tried this before and actually created a perfectly
    > bootable Windows XP disc, but now I can't remember how I did it. Any
    > help?

    Get a copy of Nero burning rom 6.0 or higher choose make SIo/setup disk.
    Follow instructions and you will have an auto booting disk in no time.
    A copy of nero burning rom can be found in Aers P2P or lime wire P2P
    It's about a 140MB DN ld. Or to buy it about $25.00US.

    Frank
    Frank Sharkey, May 21, 2007
  17. chad

    chad Guest

    On May 21, 7:25 am, Frank Sharkey <> wrote:
    > chad wrote:
    > > I have an iso image. I burn it onto disc using XP burning software.
    > > All it does is put the iso as an iso on the disc. It doesn't boot or
    > > do anything else. I tried this before and actually created a perfectly
    > > bootable Windows XP disc, but now I can't remember how I did it. Any
    > > help?

    > Get a copy of Nero burning rom 6.0 or higher choose make SIo/setup disk.
    > Follow instructions and you will have an auto booting disk in no time.
    > A copy of nero burning rom can be found in Aers P2P or lime wire P2P
    > It's about a 140MB DN ld. Or to buy it about $25.00US.
    >
    > Frank

    Thanks, Frank!
    chad, May 22, 2007