    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Im just doing some checking of my machine at home, and well, I don't
    > have a linux box handy to nmap it.
    > So is there a windows based util that I can do the same with?

    nmap for windows... duh.

    never mind, Im having one of those days.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>, dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz
    says...
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > > Im just doing some checking of my machine at home, and well, I don't
    > > have a linux box handy to nmap it.
    > > So is there a windows based util that I can do the same with?

    > nmap for windows... duh.
    >
    > never mind, Im having one of those days.

    :)

    YOu'll need Winpcap too - which you need to install first.

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Sep 1, 2004
  4. T-Boy wrote:
    >>>Im just doing some checking of my machine at home, and well, I don't
    >>>have a linux box handy to nmap it.
    >>>So is there a windows based util that I can do the same with?

    >>nmap for windows... duh.
    >>never mind, Im having one of those days.

    > YOu'll need Winpcap too - which you need to install first.

    I already had that because of another project :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 1, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> nmap for windows... duh.

    >> YOu'll need Winpcap too - which you need to install first.

    > I already had that because of another project :)

    I can gladly report that my machine is there, but not accepting
    connections, with nothing open on any port... well, I get ping response
    but only because I allowed it.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 1, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>, dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz
    says...

    > >> YOu'll need Winpcap too - which you need to install first.

    > > I already had that because of another project :)

    > I can gladly report that my machine is there, but not accepting
    > connections, with nothing open on any port... well, I get ping response
    > but only because I allowed it.

    Indeed your FTP Server and web server appears totally dead :)

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Sep 1, 2004
  7. T-Boy wrote:
    > Indeed your FTP Server and web server appears totally dead :)

    they're not running... atleast they werent yesterday... and no real need
    to run them.
    Im on dialup at the moment, so yeah, it kinda limits what I can run
    anyway. heh, I can run it, but will it be any use?

    SSL is now running :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz