    What happens if your PC is that messed up that you can only access the
    command console, Does anyone know if you can restore from the R/console

    Thanks
    JIm, Sep 22, 2005

  2. JIm

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:36:24 +0100, JIm wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Just started using this backup software, seems ok so far.
    >I noticed that you can back up the system state i.e reg etc.
    >What happens if your PC is that messed up that you can only access the
    >command console, Does anyone know if you can restore from the R/console

    Didn't you ask this already?

    1. JIm Sep 22, 7:36 pm show options
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    From: JIm <> - Find messages by this author
    Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:36:24 +0100
    Subject: Windows backup
    original | Report Abuse

    Hi

    Just started using this backup software, seems ok so far.
    I noticed that you can back up the system state i.e reg etc.
    What happens if your PC is that messed up that you can only access the
    command console, Does anyone know if you can restore from the R/console

    Thanks

    >Thanks

    Me
    why?, Sep 22, 2005

  3. JIm

    JIm Guest

    JIm, Sep 23, 2005
  4. JIm

    Joe Rom King Guest

    What backup software are you referring to, is it Relative Rev Backup
    (http://www.datamills.com)?

    If so, I now they have a page for restore using system state.

    Joe
    Joe Rom King, Sep 23, 2005
  5. JIm

    SiD Guest

    Joe Rom King wrote:
    > What backup software are you referring to, is it Relative Rev Backup
    > (http://www.datamills.com)?
    >
    > If so, I now they have a page for restore using system state.
    >
    > Joe

    I think he's refering to the built in backup wizard on Windows XP pro
    SiD, Sep 23, 2005
  6. JIm

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:07:29 +0100, JIm wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:36:24 +0100, JIm wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Just started using this backup software, seems ok so far.
    >>> I noticed that you can back up the system state i.e reg etc.
    >>> What happens if your PC is that messed up that you can only access the
    >>> command console, Does anyone know if you can restore from the R/console

    >> Didn't you ask this already?
    >>
    >> 1. JIm Sep 22, 7:36 pm show options
    >> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >> From: JIm <> - Find messages by this author
    >> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:36:24 +0100

    <snip>

    The above is of course the wrong header, it should have been

    From: JIm <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Backup query using Microsoft backup wizard
    Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:24:59 +0100

    <snip>

    >> Me

    > >> Yer asked this again because i didn't get a reply ( is that an offence)

    No , you could have waited a bit longer, usenet isn't a chat room, or
    you may never get an answer and perhaps not starting a new thread.

    You could have also used <snip> as it wasn't necessary to repost the
    entire message for 1 extra line at the bottom, more so as the question
    was at the top.

    Me
    why?, Sep 23, 2005
  7. JIm

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:36:24 +0100, JIm wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Just started using this backup software, seems ok so far.
    >I noticed that you can back up the system state i.e reg etc.
    >What happens if your PC is that messed up that you can only access the
    >command console, Does anyone know if you can restore from the R/console

    Using Windows XP or 2000, you gave 2 clues but nothing more.

    >Thanks

    This is why you image disks with Norton Ghost or some other similar app.
    A simply boot from floppy / CD will put back a diak image , this of
    course depends how often you make one and backup changes between images.

    You did try the usual www.google.com and found nothing like -

    Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console
    Describes the Windows Recovery Console. The Recovery Console a Windows
    XP feature that helps you restore your operating system when you cannot
    start your ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314058 - Similar
    pages

    How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP
    Describes how to recover your system software (when your computer
    does not start correctly) by using the Recovery Console.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654 - Similar pages

    Recovering Windows XP using the Recovery Console
    as Repair option, select "C" to use the "Recovery Console" : Windows XP:
    .... Recovery Console command Prompt. When starting up Windows 2000 / XP,
    www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxprcons.htm - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me
    why?, Sep 23, 2005