    noticed that it lost the Logon Wallpaper setting too (but I don't care
    about that)

    -Alan

    Alan, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Alan

    Senti Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > I recently rebuilt my computer w/XP Pro and installed TweakUI and use
    > "Log on Automatically at system startup" to go right to my desktop like
    > I did on my old install. but this time, after 1 or 2 reboots, it loses
    > the setting and I have to click on my name on the welcome screen. I go
    > back into tweakUI, it remembers my name, but I have to put a check mark
    > back in.
    >
    > Any thoughts asto why is not retaining this setting? Actually - I just
    > noticed that it lost the Logon Wallpaper setting too (but I don't care
    > about that)
    >
    > -Alan

    Don't use TweakUI to change settings that you have access to.

    Start menu > Run > type "control userpasswords2" > click OK.

    In the User Accounts window that opens, remove the checkmark beside
    "Users must enter a user name or password to use this computer." Click
    Apply. Now you'll be asked the username and password of the account
    youwant to automatically log in as. Enter the info, click Apply, and
    restart to see it in action.

    Senti, Jan 3, 2007

  3. Alan

    Guest

    Home Based Part time Online job,

    Looking for a Real Work At Home Job?
    Get paid For Completed Work..
    No More relying on commissions
    Would you like to earn money from home for completing various clerical
    based projects and assignments from home?
    You are not required to sell, or recruit but are simply paid to type
    ads and other media!
    You can also response to this message.
    Fillup the below information for further Information.
    Name :
    E-mail Address :
    Phone no:

    Call : 2390177 / 9841206820
    Check it out for more information
    http://www.max-online.biz/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=749

    , Jan 3, 2007
  4. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Senti wrote:
    > Alan wrote:
    >> I recently rebuilt my computer w/XP Pro and installed TweakUI and use
    >> "Log on Automatically at system startup" to go right to my desktop
    >> like I did on my old install. but this time, after 1 or 2 reboots, it
    >> loses the setting and I have to click on my name on the welcome
    >> screen. I go back into tweakUI, it remembers my name, but I have to
    >> put a check mark back in.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts asto why is not retaining this setting? Actually - I
    >> just noticed that it lost the Logon Wallpaper setting too (but I don't
    >> care about that)
    >>
    >> -Alan

    > Don't use TweakUI to change settings that you have access to.
    >
    > Start menu > Run > type "control userpasswords2" > click OK.
    >
    > In the User Accounts window that opens, remove the checkmark beside
    > "Users must enter a user name or password to use this computer." Click
    > Apply. Now you'll be asked the username and password of the account
    > youwant to automatically log in as. Enter the info, click Apply, and
    > restart to see it in action.

    Hey thanks - Its been working for a few days now.

    Alan, Jan 6, 2007