    and am pretty knowledgable on operating my own computer. Any info
    would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Lori
    kayla, Dec 29, 2006

  2. kayla

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    kayla wrote:
    > I have been encouraging my friend to get a computer and I offered to
    > help her learn to use it. She now has aquired a Mac1 computer that
    > was given to her. My offer to help just went out the window. I have
    > no idea what to do with a Mac. It's a totally different system and
    > how hard is it for me to figure out? I have used Windows for 8 years
    > and am pretty knowledgable on operating my own computer. Any info
    > would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Lori

    It's just like when I put Linux on my network with Windows. I know
    Windows very well, which my knowledge came from books. My knowledge of
    Linux is coming from books too.

    So, I suggest you do the same. They should have a MAC for Dummies Book,
    where you can start and you and your friend can learn together.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...result&cd=1&q=MAC OS book for dummies&spell=1
    Mr. Arnold, Dec 29, 2006

  3. kayla

    kayla Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I don't think that's going to happen though.
    We are both seniors and I remember what it was like learning to run my
    PC 8 years ago. I had a student teach me which was a big help. It's a
    constant learning process and I don't know how I would be learning a
    new system. I will get a Mac for Dummies book and see what I can do.
    Lori

    kayla, Jan 3, 2007