    mostly in the field. I'm looking for a suite that can handle
    monitoring, alerts, inventory, windows updates and software
    deployment. Preferably well integrated with AD. Price is not a concern.
    SheddTec, Apr 26, 2007

  2. SheddTec

    John Holmes Guest

    SheddTec "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Can anyone recommend a good Windows systems admin software? I've tried
    > OpManager, MS SCOM, and now Landesk suite. I'm not likeing any of
    > them. OpManager was actually the easiest to use, but their support
    > sucks.
    >
    > I've inherited a network with 15 windows servers of 2K and 2K3
    > (transitioning all to 2K3 soon), ~200 XP desktops and ~135 XP laptops
    > mostly in the field. I'm looking for a suite that can handle
    > monitoring, alerts, inventory, windows updates and software
    > deployment. Preferably well integrated with AD. Price is not a concern.

    Idiot, learn about W2K and W2K3 server systems, it's all build in. On the
    other hand, if I were your boss, I'd fire you.

    --
    You gormless toilet-full of mutilated ostrich feathers.
    John Holmes, Apr 26, 2007

  3. SheddTec

    why? Guest

    On 26 Apr 2007 08:40:03 -0700, SheddTec wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend a good Windows systems admin software? I've tried
    >OpManager, MS SCOM, and now Landesk suite. I'm not likeing any of
    >them. OpManager was actually the easiest to use, but their support
    >sucks.
    >
    >I've inherited a network with 15 windows servers of 2K and 2K3

    That's tough, only 15.

    >(transitioning all to 2K3 soon), ~200 XP desktops and ~135 XP laptops

    Still small stuff.

    >mostly in the field. I'm looking for a suite that can handle
    >monitoring, alerts, inventory, windows updates and software

    Go on some training courses, a lot of that is there already, or send
    somebody else saves you the effort.

    MS has a server site, oddly enough update servers , deployment and lots
    of documentation.

    >deployment. Preferably well integrated with AD. Price is not a concern.

    Then hire someone to set it all up and you can have a holiday while they
    do it.

    Me
    why?, Apr 26, 2007
  4. SheddTec

    John Holmes Guest

    why? "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    The **** should be fired, right there on the spot. Don't you agree?

    --
    Your mother was a droopy block of concrete who assembled plastic scale
    model kits of industrial appliances on a large yacht in the Mediterranean.
    John Holmes, Apr 26, 2007
  5. SheddTec

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:20:53 +0200 (CEST), John Holmes wrote:

    >why? "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Then hire someone to set it all up and you can have a holiday while they
    >> do it.
    >>

    >The <snip> should be fired, right there on the spot. Don't you agree?

    LOL, maybe just the 1 attempt first to get it up and running.

    Me
    why?, Apr 27, 2007