    already activated, and to click OK to exit. Upon clicking this, I get booted
    back to the login screen where I recieve the message that I need to activate
    Windows! Any suggestions?
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9tZW9K?=, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Where did you get your copy of Windows XP Professional x64 from? Have you
    attempted activation in safe mode with networking? You could also try doing
    a repair upgrade by booting off the CD and try activating again with grace
    period given.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Um9tZW9K?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Andre, this happened once before, as I remember, and Darrell had a file that
    needed to be deleted. Maybe you could find it. You seem able to find
    anything. :)
    My setup only goes back a month

    John Barnes, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Hey John,

    You were right, here it is: :)
    "Hello,
    While in safe mode, rename the wpa.dbl and wpa.bak files located in
    \Windows\system32 folder.
    This will force activation on the following boot, but should remove the
    message that you are already activated message.
    Sometimes if these files get corrupted, they can cause this type of
    problem.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"

    Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2006