    I thought it was in the regedit

    Please advise

    Rick
    Rick, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Rick

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > I have a user that wants to disable games in windows 98.
    > I'm not sure where to do this...

    Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Windows Components > Accessories >
    Games > Uncheck the games. This will uninstall them, and you'll need the 98
    Disk to install them again - unless you have the i386 folder on the hard
    drive, or some pretty clever end users.

    HTH.

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Rick

    Ron Bernier Guest

    The only way to do it is delete them, either using Explorer or the
    Add/Remove Programs ... Of course, since W98 has no security, anyone can
    just re-install them ...

    By the way, there's still certification tests available for Windows 98 ???

    Ron Bernier, Dec 8, 2003
  4. Rick

    Dragon Guest

    Windows 98 does have security. If properly configured, you can prevent users
    from running certain applications.

    Dragon, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Rick

    Don Julio Guest

    i wouldn't worry, it will probably crash anyway

    Don Julio, Dec 9, 2003
  6. Rick

    no one Guest

    I386 folder in Win98SE? New one on me!

    no one, Dec 9, 2003
  7. Rick

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > I386 folder in Win98SE? New one on me!

    It would appear that shortly before posting, I recieved a lobotomy. Combine
    that with the fact that I haven't used 98 in over a year, and haven't
    installed it in nearly 2, and you've got yourself one humbled jackass.

    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 9, 2003
  8. Rick

    Iftikhar Guest

    hi
    Just go to control panel and select Add/Remove programme
    and then select window setup and then double click on
    accessories and deactivate game

    Iftikhar, Dec 10, 2003
  9. Rick

    Don Julio Guest

    But the point is win98 will crash beforeit has a chance to do anything

    Don Julio, Dec 10, 2003
  10. Rick

    Dragon Guest

    Unless you created an i386 folder yourself and dumped all the CABs in there
    :) (I don't know why would u do that though. hehe)

    Dragon, Dec 10, 2003
  11. Rick

    Dragon Guest

    Come on now, 98 is not that bad. it is a relatively stable OS. Especially
    when comparing to, say 95 or ME. (Or Linux?)

    Firing Dragon
    (Here they come...)

    Dragon, Dec 10, 2003
  12. Rick

    JaR Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Come on now, 98 is not that bad. it is a relatively stable OS. Especially
    > when comparing to, say 95 or ME. (Or Linux?)

    Key words being 'relatively stable' I am forced to use '98 @ work, and it
    locks up or otherwise needs to be re-booted at least once per day. Home net
    running XP, 2K, & SuSe. I don't remember the last time I had to reboot any
    of them, other than for an install or update.

    JaR
    JaR, Dec 10, 2003