    Also how do one put in information in the General tab under System
    Properties box?

    Thanks!

    Root, Feb 24, 2004

  2. The Company IT people that set up this will be able to tell you.

    I won't --- someone who had borrowed a computer from work may see this
    information and then change the settings on their computer and then maybe
    forget that they had only borrowed it...

    "Root" <> wrote in message
    > When we install Win 98SE we input user and company name in a box.
    > Subsequently how do one edit/modify these names?
    >
    > Also how do one put in information in the General tab under System
    > Properties box?
    >
    > Thanks!

    ---

    eric the seal, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Root

    DAN Guest

    Click Start - Run then type "regedit" without the quotes and hit OK.

    Then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion

    RegisteredOrganization
    RegisterdOwner

    Change the values in the right hand pane.
    Be very careful, this is the registry you are dealing with here. BACKUP the
    registry first.

    "Eliminate annoying spam!
    My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

    http://www.ihatespam.net

    DAN, Feb 24, 2004