    missing a letter or number. And my original certificate and book is MIA.
    Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

    Smokey

    Smokey, Nov 20, 2006

  2. Smokey wrote:
    > HELP!
    >
    > I've got my Windows 98 Second Edition CD but can't find the documentation.
    > After clearing up a virus by, among other things, formatting my hard drive,
    > I need it because my restore disk links to it. Unfortunately I wrote down my
    > s/n as GXX2J-WRDGV-K8BDR-D2XX-KDD98 but obviously the next to last group is
    > missing a letter or number. And my original certificate and book is MIA.
    > Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.
    >
    > Smokey

    There are 5 * 39 = 195 possibilities, assuming one missing letter or
    digit from the fourth group. That should only take a matter of minutes
    to run through.

    Julian Treadwell, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Smokey

    J.A. Michel Guest

    > Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

    Yeah, I do. Go buy a legit copy of Win98 with documentation. You ought to
    be able to find one cheap on eBay.

    J.A. Michel, Nov 23, 2006
  4. Smokey

    Smokey Guest

    Thank you for the useless cynicism. I assure it you it "legit".

    Shees.

    Smokey, Nov 23, 2006
  5. Smokey

    Smokey Guest

    Thank you Julian! The problem is solved!

    Smokey, Nov 23, 2006
  6. De nada. I have my moments if inspiration even if I can't add 26 and 10
    together. Of course the answer should have been 42.

    Cheers,

    Julian

    Julian Treadwell, Nov 24, 2006
  7. Smokey