    firefox to use that wireless connection. I tried so many things but
    it's not working...

    Please Help!
    jeankebos, Mar 23, 2005

  2. jeankebos

    WLW Guest

    Make sure the IP is configured correctly; IP address, Subnet Mask and
    Default Gateway.
    You should only have one default gateway active, the one pointing through
    the wireless networking.

    Post more information:

    - Are you using an Ad-Hoc Network or Infrastructure-Mode Network?
    - What are you connecting TO, an access point, router or another system
    using connection sharing?
    - What are the IP settings on Win98SE?
    - Are there any other Network Interfaces? If so, what are their settings?

    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    WLW, Mar 23, 2005

  3. jeankebos

    jeankebos Guest

    hello William,

    I'm using a Belkin ADSL modem with Buil-in Wireless Router.
    The network is in Infrastructure Mode, at least that are the settings
    on my windows 98 SE desktop I would like to work with the network.
    IP-adress is set to automatic
    DHCP for WINS is activated
    DNS is not activated.

    thx
    Jan

    jeankebos, Mar 24, 2005
  4. jeankebos

    WLW Guest

    Hi, Jan -

    > DNS is not activated.

    To get IE or Firefox to browse the Internet using names instead or IP
    addresses you need DNS. Either set DNS to Automatic or get the IP Address of
    a DNS server at your ISP and put it in the IP Config.

    What model number is the Belkin?
    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    WLW, Mar 24, 2005
  5. jeankebos

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    The indicator that you are connected might be OK, but it is possible that
    you do not really have a functional Wireless connection.

    Can you exchange files between the LAN computers?

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 24, 2005
  6. jeankebos

    jeankebos Guest

    fixed!

    I followed Jack's Wireless Basic Configuration, switched off antivirus
    and Wep. Now it's working, thx a lot guys!

    jeankebos, Mar 25, 2005